Accessing external static content - Websphere

This is a discussion on Accessing external static content - Websphere ; Hi, I have a WAS ear project that contains multiple dynamic modules. Currently, the static HTML pages are spread among the modules, but I would like to move them to a single module(static content) and let the other modules access ...

  1. Accessing external static content

    Hi,

    I have a WAS ear project that contains multiple dynamic modules.
    Currently, the static HTML pages are spread among the modules, but I
    would like to move them to a single module(static content) and let the
    other modules access them from this location. The new module I created
    is a dynamic project but it only contains static html pages.

    I have tried referencing static html pages from the static html module
    with no success.

    Does anyone know how this can be achieved?

    By the way, we use Apache struts tiles for inserting our static content.
    We have a layout definition in a tiles-defs.xml file (which is present
    in each module) and a mainLayout.jsp (also present in each module).
    Each static html page has a parent JSP page that inserts the static HTML
    into the body of a page.

    Ex.

    <%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles"
    prefix="tiles"%>
    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" prefix="fmt"%>

    ut name="body" value="/static/geneAddSynonymHelp.html" />
    ut name="title">

    ut>

    When the HTML page is in the same module as the JSP page, it works. If
    I try to reference the HTML from an external module, it doesn't work.

    Kevin Snyder
    Xenbase Developer
    Calgary, AB

  2. Re: Accessing external static content

    On Mar 28, 5:28 pm, Kevin wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a WAS ear project that contains multiple dynamic modules.
    > Currently, thestaticHTML pages are spread among the modules, but I
    > would like to move them to a single module(staticcontent) and let the
    > other modulesaccessthem from this location. The new module I created
    > is a dynamic project but it only containsstatichtml pages.
    >
    > I have tried referencingstatichtml pages from thestatichtml module
    > with no success.
    >
    > Does anyone know how this can be achieved?
    >
    > By the way, we use Apachestrutstilesfor inserting ourstaticcontent.
    > We have a layout definition in atiles-defs.xml file (which is present
    > in each module) and a mainLayout.jsp (also present in each module).
    > Eachstatichtmlpagehas a parent JSPpagethat inserts thestaticHTML
    > into the body of apage.
    >
    > Ex.
    >
    > <%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/tags-tiles"
    > prefix="tiles"%>
    > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/fmt" prefix="fmt"%>
    >

    > ut name="body" value="/static/geneAddSynonymHelp.html" />
    > ut name="title">

    ut>

    > When the HTMLpageis in the same module as the JSPpage, it works. If
    > I try to reference the HTML from anexternalmodule, it doesn't work.
    >
    > Kevin Snyder
    > Xenbase Developer
    > Calgary, AB

    I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

    David McCoy
    New Orleans, LA

+ Reply to Thread