Application listing on Server - Websphere

This is a discussion on Application listing on Server - Websphere ; Does any one know, how to look at all the installed apps on specific was server. I am using deployent manager, I have federated 2 servers into it Deployment manager. Is there any way for me to see what applications ...

  1. Application listing on Server

    Does any one know, how to look at all the installed apps on specific was server. I am using deployent manager, I have federated 2 servers into it Deployment manager. Is there any way for me to see what applications are running on what servers instead of going through each app and looking at their Traget Mappings.

    Thanks,
    DV
    dvpunia@decisionlabs.com

  2. Re: Application listing on Server

    DV wrote:
    > Does any one know, how to look at all the installed apps on specific
    > was server. I am using deployent manager, I have federated 2 servers
    > into it Deployment manager. Is there any way for me to see what
    > applications are running on what servers instead of going through
    > each app and looking at their Traget Mappings.

    This is something you probably ought to know - after all, if you've
    deployed the apps, you should have some idea of where you deployed them
    .... it's not like it's changing all the time.

  3. Re: Application listing on Server

    Sometimes you have few different people working on the project. If I have installed the app I would know but if someone else has installed it, I wouldn't know. The only way for me to find out is by going to each application, we have about 20 apps I wouldn't want to go through each manually, there must be a better way if not through admin console, it must be doable through scripts.

    -DV

  4. Re: Application listing on Server

    "DV" wrote in message
    news:421860943.1175097827710.JavaMail.wassrvr@ltsg was010.sby.ibm.com...
    > Does any one know, how to look at all the installed apps on specific was
    > server. I am using deployent manager, I have federated 2 servers into it
    > Deployment manager. Is there any way for me to see what applications are
    > running on what servers instead of going through each app and looking at
    > their Traget Mappings.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > DV
    > dvpunia@decisionlabs.com

    What level of WebSphere are you using? i'm not sure about previous versions
    but in 6.1 you can click on the server and then, on the right hand side of
    the page there is a "Installed applications" link which should list all the
    apps on that server

    Regards

    Graham

  5. Re: Application listing on Server

    Thanks Graham but unfortunately I am using => WAS ND 6.0.0.1 .

    -DV
    dvpunia@decisionlabs.com

  6. Re: Application listing on Server

    DV wrote:
    > Thanks Graham but unfortunately I am using => WAS ND 6.0.0.1 .

    That's really out of date, you need to apply some maintenance. We're up
    to 6.0.2.x where x is at least 19.

  7. Re: Application listing on Server

    You can do it with a script, by just doing what you do manually, i.e.
    iterate on all deployed applications and see where they are deployed.

  8. Re: Application listing on Server

    On Mar 28, 12:59 pm, DV wrote:
    > Sometimes you have few different people working on the project. If I have installed the app I would know but if someone else has installed it, I wouldn't know. The only way for me to find out is by going to each application, we have about 20 apps I wouldn't want to go through each manually, there must be a better way if not through admin console, it must be doable through scripts.
    >
    > -DV

    Look for "WebSphere administration script 13" on this page:
    http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...leScripts.html

    ex13.jacl may have what you are looking for.

    -SE

+ Reply to Thread