Re: Problem with Websphere test environment - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Problem with Websphere test environment - Websphere ; Hi! We have similar problem when developing J2EE / Hibernate / Struts program. (Rad 6.0.1.1 plus 4 interim fixes, WAS 6.0.2.5, all updated through IBM Rational Product Updater.) Earlier when security wasn't set up everything worked like a charm. (When ...

  1. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Hi!

    We have similar problem when developing J2EE / Hibernate / Struts program. (Rad 6.0.1.1 plus 4 interim fixes, WAS 6.0.2.5, all updated through IBM Rational Product Updater.)

    Earlier when security wasn't set up everything worked like a charm. (When application was deployed to server and started, when edited a class the program was restarted inside WAS automatically to take care of changes.)

    Symptoms:
    When program is deployed and started inside (the development) WAS (on the local machine) when programmer edits a java file that is part of the deployed program and saves RAD automatically builds neccessery things and tries to restart the program inside WAS. This results in error. Restarting the server solves this, or restarting the program through admin console.

    See error msg in attached file.

    Thanks in advance,
    -99

  2. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    Please, guess what could be done, as we're completely out of ideas here...

    - 99

  3. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    villen_email@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Please, guess what could be done, as we're completely out of ideas here...
    >
    > - 99

    99,
    My newsreader isn't showing an attachment on your original post, and its
    text didn't contain what error message you're receiving, so my guess is
    that the error you're receiving is a classloading error.

    Do I win?

    Ken

  4. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    Hah!

    Clearly Ken is not a winner with his newsreader...

    Anyone else care to take an EDUCATED guess

    -99

  5. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    Hei...
    Install Fixpack 6.0.2.15 for WAS... this will solve the problem....
    I did the same and is working....(see problem PK13487)

    thanks.... I win....

  6. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    Hi!

    Unfortunately Alash is not either a winner. I've updated WAS to 6.0.2.15 and the Java package also, no help from there, the error message stays exactly as it was before. Hmm, perhaps it is a configuration problem? Where do I enter the data in RAD that when deployoing and restarting a server what password and username should RAD use. (I've entered them to the view that you get when you double click the server in RAD.)

    Oddly, add and remove projects work, publish works, only the automated compile - restart gives this error msg.

    - 99

  7. Re: Any thoughts anyone?

    1, Did u install RAD and WAS seperately?
    2, What is your WAS installation dir, base_v6 or some other?
    3, Is your WAS product file updated in \properties\version? (File name is WAS.product)

    we will win definitely...

  8. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Hi again,

    someone asked: (Not showing here at www-128.ibm.com at the time of writing. Replication delay perhaps? This was in my email though..)

    1, Did u install RAD and WAS seperately?
    2, What is your WAS installation dir, base_v6 or some other?
    3, Is your WAS product file updated in \properties\version? (File name is WAS.product) we will win definitely...

    Answers:
    1, WAS was bundled with RAD
    2, Yes installation dir is \runtimes\base_v6
    3, Yes, it reports the version as 6.0.2.15, as does the server log when server starts. (From log:
    ************ Start Display Current Environment ************
    WebSphere Platform 6.0 [BASE 6.0.2.15 cf150636.04] running with process name sowa095Node02Cell\LisNode\server1 and process id 6404
    Host Operating System is Windows XP, version 5.1
    Java version = J2RE 1.4.2 IBM Windows 32 build cn142-20060421 (SR5) (JIT enabled: jitc), Java Compiler = jitc, Java VM name = Classic VM
    was.install.root = C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6
    user.install.root = C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\profil es\LISProfile
    Java Home = C:\Program Files\IBM\Rational\SDP\6.0\runtimes\base_v6\java\j re
    ..
    ..
    ..
    )

  9. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Username and properties in RAD is entered by double clicking the server.
    Do u have the WAS admin username and password in \profiles\default\properties\soap.client.props file?

  10. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Actually there was no indication that security was even on. Now the file is as follows:

    # SOAP Client Security Enablement
    #
    # - security enabled status ( false[default], true )
    com.ibm.SOAP.securityEnabled=true

    com.ibm.SOAP.loginUserid=admin
    com.ibm.SOAP.loginPassword=admin

    Hmm, what else I should edit?

    -99

    Ps. Thanks Alash for helping!

  11. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    There was no indication that security is even on, so I added username and password and tested both security on and off. Still the same errormessage appears.

    There are 50 of us who have this same behaviour.. So it replicates quite nicely Unfortunately we still don't know what is causing this.

    - 99

  12. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Did you get this to work? I followed the instructions here, and got it to work (after having the same problems you described) for a "Local OS" registry: https://www14.software.ibm.com/webap...=dl&lang=en_US

    If you've got things in an "unclean" state, see the RECOVERY note below.

    The "trick" seems to be doing things in a very specific order:
    1. Start the test server.
    2. Fire up the admin console.
    3. Define the user id and password on Security->Global Security->Local OS. This must be an actual user on the local machine. (You might be able to use a domain user, but I didn't test this.)
    4. Enable global security on the Global Security page.
    5. Uncheck "Java 2 Security".
    6. Save the server profile.
    7. Shut down the server. <----- VERY IMPORTANT, apparently
    8. Double-click the server in RAD to bring up the RAD server config view.
    9. Check off "security is enabled", and enter the same user id/password from Step 3 above.
    10. Save and close the view.

    You should be able to start/publish/synchronize the server as you'd expect. Or, at least, we were able to at this point.

    RECOVERY: If you get to the point where you can't start things up because of the security errors, you can disable security by editing the config file "\runtimes\base_v6\profiles\default\config\cells\Node01Cell\security.xml".
    After completely stopping the server, change the "enabled" attribute on the root element in this file to be enabled="false".
    Make sure the "Security is enabled on this server" checkbox is cleared on the RAD server configuration view.
    You should be able to start the (unsecured) test server.

    -joe

  13. Re: Problem with Websphere test environment

    Hi!

    Yes, we got it working, quite easily in the end *sigh*. (Should keep my eyes on when configuring something )

    We added in admin console:
    Environment -> Naming -> CORBA Naming Service Groups
    for groups ALL_AUTHENTICATED and EVERYONE every role possible (Cos Naming Read, Cos Naming Write, Cos Naming Create, Cos Naming Delete.)

    Yes, it's not secure at all, but these instructions are only applied for development stations ofcourse.

    This fixed the hot code replace problem we had in non-debug mode. Our servers functioned perfectly otherwise.

    Hope this helps,

    -99

+ Reply to Thread