Adding users on Websphere 6.1 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Adding users on Websphere 6.1 - Websphere ; I'm trying to add users from the Websphere 6.1 console. When I click "Users and Groups" --> "Manage Users" I only get the following massage: "To manage users and groups, either federated repositories must be the current realm definition or ...

  1. Adding users on Websphere 6.1

    I'm trying to add users from the Websphere 6.1 console. When I click
    "Users and Groups" --> "Manage Users" I only get the following
    massage:

    "To manage users and groups, either federated repositories must be the
    current realm definition or the current realm definition configuration
    must match the federated repositories configuration. If you use
    Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), configure both the
    federated repositories and standalone LDAP registry configurations to
    use the same LDAP server."

    Does anybody knows what it's preventing me to add users?
    Is this not the right way?

    Thanks!

    --
    http:/pguiducci.com

  2. Post Re: Adding users on Websphere 6.1

    You don't do it there anymore, you do it like this

    Granting Access to the WebSphere Application Server 6.1 Administration Console
    ProcedureTo Grant Access to the WebSphere Application Server 6.1 Administration Console

    1.From the WebSphere Administrator console, expand the Users and Groups node.
    2.Click “Administrative Group Roles”. A new page opens.
    3.Click the Add button. A new page opens.
    2.In the “Role(s)” field, select “Administrator”, or the permissions you want to assign.
    3.Click OK and return to the “Administrative Group Roles” page.
    4.Click “Save directly to the master configuration”.

    If you don't see the “Administrative Group Roles” is because you account doens't have enough priviledges fo this option, so you should use your main admin account.

    Hope this helps.
    Regards

+ Reply to Thread