Complete Newbie Question - Websphere

This is a discussion on Complete Newbie Question - Websphere ; Hi, I recently moved jobs and am nowing working in the websphere world ( a change from the .NET world) I am looking at playing with lifreay the opensource CMS. The first instruction for install on websphere is to ownload ...

  1. Complete Newbie Question

    Hi,

    I recently moved jobs and am nowing working in the websphere world ( a
    change from the .NET world)

    I am looking at playing with lifreay the opensource CMS. The first
    instruction for install on websphere is to

    ownload Liferay Portal Professional 4.1.0 WAR , unzip and compile.

    My question is how do I compile the unzipped WAR file?

    I realise this is probably a websphere 101 question but would
    appreciate any help

    Thanks,
    Jerry

  2. Re: Complete Newbie Question

    On Mar 27, 7:24 am, "JOS" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently moved jobs and am nowing working in the websphere world ( a
    > change from the .NET world)
    >
    > I am looking at playing with lifreay the opensource CMS. The first
    > instruction for install on websphere is to
    >
    > ownload Liferay Portal Professional 4.1.0 WAR , unzip and compile.
    >
    > My question is how do I compile the unzipped WAR file?
    >
    > I realise this is probably a websphere 101 question but would
    > appreciate any help
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jerry

    Jerry,

    You can use Winzip to open and extract .war and .ear archives.
    Once you have it extracted, there is probably a readme for the
    compile. I am not personally familiar with CMS, but that is usually
    how it works.

    Jace

+ Reply to Thread