Re: Sample Custom Database (DB2) User Registry Source Code - Websphere

This is a discussion on Re: Sample Custom Database (DB2) User Registry Source Code - Websphere ; > MattyB wrote: > >> Just a warning - you can't use WAS Datasources in > such a CUR, as it > >> may be called in situations where their use is not > available. You > >> have to ...

  1. Re: Sample Custom Database (DB2) User Registry Source Code

    > MattyB wrote:
    > >> Just a warning - you can't use WAS Datasources in

    > such a CUR, as it
    > >> may be called in situations where their use is not

    > available. You
    > >> have to do your data access the ugly way.
    > >>
    > >> Have you looked into the database registry support

    > in WAS 6.1 under
    > >> Federated Repository Mgmt (VMM) ?

    > > I'm sorry, but still learning WAS. What do you

    > mean I have to do it
    > > the hard way?

    > Use regular old JDBC directly, not using WAS
    > datasources. You might want
    > to hire IBM software services for WebSphere to help,
    > we've done this
    > kind of thing before.
    >
    > > I have not looked at Federated Repository Mgmt, but

    > it may be a fit.
    > > My need is single server with standard WAS, not

    > Network Deployment.
    > > Is that an option for me?

    > It doesn't matter whether you're ND or Base.

    I am trying to configure a custom user registry in was 6.1, but I don't know what I should type in the "primary administrative user name" input. When I try to apply, the console shows an error: "The user administrative ID does not exist in the user repository.".

    I've read the docs but it didn't help very much.

    "One of the details common to all user registries or repositories is the Primary administrative user name. This ID is a member of the chosen repository, but also has special privileges in WebSphere Application Server. The privileges for this ID and the privileges that are associated with the administrative role ID are the same. The Primary administrative user name can access all of the protected administrative methods."

    Can someone help me?
    Thank you.

  2. Re: Sample Custom Database (DB2) User Registry Source Code

    thiago@softplan.com.br wrote:

    > I am trying to configure a custom user registry in was 6.1, but I
    > don't know what I should type in the "primary administrative user
    > name" input. When I try to apply, the console shows an error: "The
    > user administrative ID does not exist in the user repository.".
    >
    > I've read the docs but it didn't help very much.

    Seems pretty self-evident - the user name that you are using has to
    exist in your custom registry as a user. The error is telling you that
    the user you are entering is not in your registry.

    Also, this user, or a group that it is a member of, will have to be
    mapped to the administrator role within WAS (you can do that in the
    admin console).

  3. Re: Sample Custom Database (DB2) User Registry Source Code

    > Seems pretty self-evident - the user name that you
    > are using has to
    > exist in your custom registry as a user.

    You mean, the method "public Result getUsers(String arg0, int arg1)"
    of the custom registry must return an object of the type "Result" that its list contains the String I entered as the primary administrative user name.
    Well I did that.

    > Also, this user, or a group that it is a member of,
    > will have to be
    > mapped to the administrator role within WAS (you can
    > do that in the
    > admin console).

    I did that too. I create an user with the primary administrative user name, set its role to administrator, tested login the console using this user, and it's worked.

    But the console still shows the same error in the custom user registry config:
    "The user administrative ID does not exist in the user repository." (I see this message in Portuguese.. so maybe its not completely correct)

+ Reply to Thread