JSTL Compilation - Performance Problem - Websphere

This is a discussion on JSTL Compilation - Performance Problem - Websphere ; A Jsp page having a handful of c:choose and c:forEach is getting translated into a java class running into ~50 pages and taking significant time (~4 minutes) for compilation when accessed for the first time. The default implementation of JSTL ...

  1. JSTL Compilation - Performance Problem

    A Jsp page having a handful of c:choose and c:forEach is getting translated into a java class running into ~50 pages and taking significant time (~4 minutes) for compilation when accessed for the first time.

    The default implementation of JSTL 1.1 that comes with WAS 6.1.0.2, viz., apache is the one that's being used.

    Can someone advise?

    prakashn

  2. Re: JSTL Compilation - Performance Problem

    I would always recommend pre-compiling the JSP files either before or
    during application installation rather than at first access by a user.

    Regards,
    David Brauneis
    IBM Rational Build Forge Architecture & Development

    prakash.narayanaswamy@honeywell.com wrote:
    > A Jsp page having a handful of c:choose and c:forEach is getting translated into a java class running into ~50 pages and taking significant time (~4 minutes) for compilation when accessed for the first time.
    >
    > The default implementation of JSTL 1.1 that comes with WAS 6.1.0.2, viz., apache is the one that's being used.
    >
    > Can someone advise?
    >
    > prakashn

+ Reply to Thread