Create a scheduler with MySQL? - Websphere

This is a discussion on Create a scheduler with MySQL? - Websphere ; I need to setup a scheduler with my Websphere-based application to run daily. However, the database we are using for the application is MySQL and when I try to create the tables for the scheduler I get the following error ...

  1. Create a scheduler with MySQL?

    I need to setup a scheduler with my Websphere-based application to run daily. However, the database we are using for the application is MySQL and when I try to create the tables for the scheduler I get the following error message:

    Tables for scheduler DailyPublish failed to create. Cause: com.ibm.ws.extensionhelper.exception.UnknownDataba seException: Could not detect database vendor. Vendor string was MySQL

    Is there any way around this?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Create a scheduler with MySQL?

    alasdair.pea****@parkgroup.co.uk wrote:
    > I need to setup a scheduler with my Websphere-based application to run daily. However, the database we are using for the application is MySQL and when I try to create the tables for the scheduler I get the following error message:
    >
    > Tables for scheduler DailyPublish failed to create. Cause: com.ibm.ws.extensionhelper.exception.UnknownDataba seException: Could not detect database vendor. Vendor string was MySQL
    >
    > Is there any way around this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Don't mean to be glib, but I would suggest that you use a proper database.

+ Reply to Thread