Regarding the number of JDBC Connections that WAS 6.0 uses - Websphere

This is a discussion on Regarding the number of JDBC Connections that WAS 6.0 uses - Websphere ; Hi, Is there way to restrict the number of database connection that WAS6.0 will use per thread? Basically i want to restrict the number of database connection to one (Per Thread). There are two EJBs and one J2EE client in ...

  1. Regarding the number of JDBC Connections that WAS 6.0 uses

    Hi,

    Is there way to restrict the number of database connection that WAS6.0
    will use per thread?

    Basically i want to restrict the number of database connection to one
    (Per Thread).

    There are two EJBs and one J2EE client in my application. I have given
    the transaction scope of the EJB methods below,

    J2EE Client ---calls -> [TxRequired]Session-A ---calls -->
    [TxRequiredNew] Session-A ---calls --> [TxRequiresNew] Session-B ---
    calls --> [TxRequired] Session-B

    >From PMI, i could see that WAS using 2 connections per thread.

    My pool size is 10. But i want WAS to use one DB Connection per
    thread.

    It would be great if you could provide some information on under which
    scenario WebSphere Application Server will decide to open a new JDBC
    connection to database.

    Thank you very much,
    Sreedharan

  2. Re: Regarding the number of JDBC Connections that WAS 6.0 uses

    > My pool size is 10. But i want WAS to use one DB Connection per
    > thread.

    Why do you want to do that?

  3. Re: Regarding the number of JDBC Connections that WAS 6.0 uses

    On Mar 22, 2:24 pm, varadananjayan_sreedha...@satyam.com wrote:

    > It would be great if you could provide some information on under which
    > scenario WebSphere Application Server will decide to open a new JDBC
    > connection to database.

    It opens a new connection when all the connections in the pool are
    currently open (up to the pool size of course).

+ Reply to Thread