Creating topic connection wants an MQ Manager - Websphere

This is a discussion on Creating topic connection wants an MQ Manager - Websphere ; When my javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnec tion method is invoked, I end up in MQTopicConnection logic. An exception is thrown because MQManager cannot be created. However, I don't have MQ resources defined. I am using default J2CConnectionFactory resources. Should I be using another ...

  1. Creating topic connection wants an MQ Manager

    When my javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory.createTopicConnec tion method is invoked, I end up in MQTopicConnection logic. An exception is thrown because MQManager cannot be created. However, I don't have MQ resources defined. I am using default J2CConnectionFactory resources. Should I be using another method than this one (which works fine for WAS 5). My QueueConnectionFactory code works fine. The error stack is below:

    [3/21/07 14:32:44:391 EST] 0000002b SystemOut O 14:32:44,375 FATAL [ims.framework] MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'localhost:WAS_BaseIDMNode01_server1'
    javax.jms.JMSException: MQJMS2005: failed to create MQQueueManager for 'localhost:WAS_BaseIDMNode01_server1'
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.services.ConfigEnvironment.newExcep tion(ConfigEnvironment.java:569)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQM(MQConnection. java:2321)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnection.createQMNonXA(MQConnec tion.java:1749)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQTopicConnection.(MQTopicConnection.java:171)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQTopicConnection.(MQTopicConnection.java:84)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQXATopicConnection.(MQXATopicConnection.java:47)
    at com.ibm.mq.jms.MQXATopicConnectionFactory.createXA TopicConnection(MQXATopicConnectionFactory.java:65 )
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSManagedTopicConnection.createCo nnection(JMSManagedTopicConnection.java:125)
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSManagedConnection.(JMSManagedConnection.java:274)
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSManagedTopicConnection.(JMSManagedTopicConnection.java:73)
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.WSJMSManagedTopicConnectionFactory .createManagedConnection(WSJMSManagedTopicConnecti onFactory.java:98)
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSManagedConnectionFactory.create ManagedConnection(JMSManagedConnectionFactory.java :584)
    at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createManaged ConnectionWithMCWrapper(FreePool.java:1666)
    at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.FreePool.createOrWaitF orConnection(FreePool.java:1439)
    at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.poolmanager.PoolManager.reserve(Po olManager.java:2083)
    at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionManager.allocateMCWrappe r(ConnectionManager.java:868)
    at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.ConnectionManager.allocateConnecti on(ConnectionManager.java:617)
    at com.ibm.ejs.jms.JMSTopicConnectionFactoryHandle.cr eateTopicConnection(JMSTopicConnectionFactoryHandl e.java:84)
    at com.netegrity.ims.bootstrap.ServerCommandServiceIm pl.startUp(ServerCommandServiceImpl.java:6

  2. Re: Creating topic connection wants an MQ Manager

    To add the coding context:

    The code which creates the topic connection and then the topic is as follows:

    TopicConnectionFactory conFactory =
    (TopicConnectionFactory) ServiceLocator.getInstance().lookup(ServiceLocator .CONNECTION_FACTORY_ALIAS);
    TopicConnection connection = conFactory.createTopicConnection();
    Topic topic = (Topic) ServiceLocator.getInstance().lookup(ServiceLocator .SERVERCOMMAND_TOPIC_ALIAS);

    Is it possible that I need to use a more specific class, like JMSTopicConnectionFactory? I did not need to do this for the QueueConnectionFactory.

+ Reply to Thread