Working directory with UNC path not work in 6.0.2.17 - Websphere

This is a discussion on Working directory with UNC path not work in 6.0.2.17 - Websphere ; Hi All, I've upgraded from WAS 5.1 to 6.0.2.17 and I'm having trouble setting the working directory for my application server with a UNC path such as \\192.168.0.0/file/etc. I can hit this directory without problems from Windows->Start->Run menu and no ...

  1. Working directory with UNC path not work in 6.0.2.17

    Hi All,

    I've upgraded from WAS 5.1 to 6.0.2.17 and I'm having trouble setting the working directory for my application server with a UNC path such as \\192.168.0.0/file/etc. I can hit this directory without problems from Windows->Start->Run menu and no password or username is required. But when I try to start my app server it just errors out saying to look at the JVM logs - but they are not created until after the binding to the working directory is set. If I put a local directory everything works fine. Any ideas if anything changed in this version for UNC paths? Everything used to work properly with WAS 5.1 with the same configuration.

    Thanks,
    JJ

  2. Re: Working directory with UNC path not work in 6.0.2.17

    On Mar 21, 4:31 pm, wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've upgraded from WAS 5.1 to 6.0.2.17 and I'm having trouble setting the working directory for my application server with a UNC path such as \\192.168.0.0/file/etc. I can hit this directory without problems from Windows->Start->Run menu and no password or username is required. But when I try to start my app server it just errors out saying to look at the JVM logs - but they are not created until after the binding to the working directory is set. If I put a local directory everything works fine. Any ideas if anything changed in this version for UNC paths? Everything used to work properly with WAS 5.1 with the same configuration.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > JJ

    Are you using "Local System" ID to run WAS 6? It may not have access
    to \\192.168.0.0/file/etc....

+ Reply to Thread