XML Parsing in WAS 6.0 - Websphere

This is a discussion on XML Parsing in WAS 6.0 - Websphere ; Hi, I wanted to know whether WAS 6.0 is having stricter checks while parsing the xml document ? Because the applications running fine on WAS 5.0 and WAS 5.1 test envt, fail to run in WAS 6.0 due to some ...

  1. XML Parsing in WAS 6.0

    Hi,

    I wanted to know whether WAS 6.0 is having stricter checks while parsing the xml document ?

    Because the applications running fine on WAS 5.0 and WAS 5.1 test envt, fail to run in WAS 6.0 due to some sort of XML parsing exceptions.

    Please reply.

    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Niranjan

  2. Re: XML Parsing in WAS 6.0

    niranjan.sarade@tcs.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I wanted to know whether WAS 6.0 is having stricter checks while parsing the xml document ?
    >
    > Because the applications running fine on WAS 5.0 and WAS 5.1 test envt, fail to run in WAS 6.0 due to some sort of XML parsing exceptions.
    >
    > Please reply.
    >
    > Thanks & Best Regards,
    > Niranjan

    It's very possible that the versions of xalan/xerces changed between
    those versions.

    Ken

  3. Re: XML Parsing in WAS 6.0

    Thanks a lot for the reply Ken,

    It would be really great if we could get the information regarding the version change/difference between xlan/xcers from was 5.0 to was 6.0.

    Thanks in advance...

    Best Regards,
    Niranjan

  4. Re: XML Parsing in WAS 6.0

    Hi,

    After migrating for Was 5.x to 6.1.0.5 I needed to add id-tags to all the attributes in my web.xml file in order not to get errors during deployment.
    (make sure the id's are alfanumeric, not numeric)

    for example:

    So if you are not allready doing so, you should add it

    regards,

    Erik

  5. Re: XML Parsing in WAS 6.0

    niranjan.sarade@tcs.com wrote:
    > Thanks a lot for the reply Ken,
    >
    > It would be really great if we could get the information regarding the version change/difference between xlan/xcers from was 5.0 to was 6.0.
    >
    > Thanks in advance...
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Niranjan

    This kinda thing is typically in the InfoCenter. You might take a peek
    at
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...65%72%63%22%20

    Ken

+ Reply to Thread