Newbie - EJB question - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Newbie - EJB question - Weblogic ; I am just learning EJB. It says EJB has 2 interfaces - home and component interface - but don't see where this interfaces are implemented. A book example (EJB in 21 days) shows a code how a client looks for ...

  1. Newbie - EJB question

    I am just learning EJB. It says EJB has 2 interfaces - home and
    component interface - but don't see where this interfaces are
    implemented. A book example (EJB in 21 days) shows a code how a client
    looks for interface using JNDI - but how this home interface was
    instantiented?

    Thanks

    Zalek

  2. Re: Newbie - EJB question

    ZalekBloom@hotmail.com wrote:
    > I am just learning EJB. It says EJB has 2 interfaces - home and
    > component interface - but don't see where this interfaces are
    > implemented. A book example (EJB in 21 days) shows a code how a client
    > looks for interface using JNDI - but how this home interface was
    > instantiented?

    I never had any luck with the "in 21 days" series. Could be more
    specific about your question? According to Sun's tutorial, it's just a
    regular old Java class.

    import javax.ejb.EntityBean;

    public class CustomerBean
    implements EntityBean {
    //...
    }

    But with out a little more knowledge about what your doing it's kinda
    hard to fill in details. I assume that the compiled bean class is then
    deployed to the EJB Container somehow.

  3. Re: Newbie - EJB question

    On Nov 1, 9:22*pm, Mark Space wrote:
    > ZalekBl...@hotmail.com wrote:
    > > I am just learning EJB. It says EJB has 2 interfaces - home and
    > > component interface - but don't see where this interfaces are
    > > implemented. A book example (EJB in 21 days) shows a code how a client
    > > looks for interface using JNDI - but how this home interface was
    > > instantiented?

    > I never had any luck with the "in 21 days" series. *Could be more
    > specific about your question? *According to Sun's tutorial, it's just a
    > regular old Java class.
    >
    > * *import javax.ejb.EntityBean;
    >
    > * *public class CustomerBean
    > * * * * * * * * implements EntityBean {
    > * *//...
    > * *}
    >

    > But with out a little more knowledge about what your doing it's kinda
    > hard to fill in details. *I assume that the compiled bean class is then
    > deployed to the EJB Container somehow.

    Well - as I understand EJB is more complicated - a client cannot
    access directly EJB - first it used a home interface to create EJB and
    then using component interface is using method defined in EJB.
    What I don't understand - how those interfaces are instantiatiented.

    I wrote a JSP/java web servlet and want to convert it to EJB. The
    servlet is very simple - it updates/inserts/shows a database.

    Zalek

  4. Re: Newbie - EJB question

    Microsoft XP or vista on LAN PCs and Windows 2003 Server on servers.

+ Reply to Thread