Newbie - taglib question. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Newbie - taglib question. - Weblogic ; Hello, I am learning JSP - what is a difference between this 2 libraries: Thanks, Zalek...

  1. Newbie - taglib question.

    Hello,

    I am learning JSP - what is a difference between this 2 libraries:

    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/core" prefix="c" %>

    Thanks,

    Zalek

  2. Re: Newbie - taglib question.

    zalek wrote:
    > I am learning JSP - what is a difference between this 2 libraries:
    >
    > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
    >
    > <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/core" prefix="c" %>

    I am not familiar with either, as I use
    <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    I believe that neither of the namespaces you indicate are correct. I guess
    the difference is in how they differ from the correct namespace.

    --
    Lew

  3. Re: Newbie - taglib question.

    zalek wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I am learning JSP - what is a difference between this 2 libraries:
    >
    ><%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>

    That's version 1.0 of the JSTL (JSP Standard Template Library).

    ><%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/core" prefix="c" %>

    That's nothing, AFAICT. But http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl.core is
    version 1.1 of the JSTL. It includes the "fn:" string manipulation EL
    functions, and works properly with servlet 2.4 containers.

    --
    Tim Slattery
    Slattery_T@bls.gov

+ Reply to Thread