Newbie - problem with JSP tag libraries - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Newbie - problem with JSP tag libraries - Weblogic ; Hello, I am trying to execute on a JSP program on a server with jakarta- tomcat-4.1.29. Here is a program: in web.xml I have definition: testTagURL /WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld I have testTag.tld file located at: /WEB-INF/tld When I execute my program I ...

  1. Newbie - problem with JSP tag libraries

    <%@ taglib uri="testTagURL" prefix="testTagPrefix" %>

    in web.xml I have definition:

    testTagURL
    /WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld

    I have testTag.tld file located at: /WEB-INF/tld

    When I execute my program I am getting:

    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/test-jsp/testTagURL" not
    found
    at
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jsp Error(DefaultErrorHandler.java:
    105)
    at
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatc h(ErrorDispatcher.java:
    430)
    at
    org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspErro r(ErrorDispatcher.java:
    154)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.
    (TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:180)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirec tive(Parser.java:
    354)
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(P arser.java:381)

    My question: how my program is looking for "/test-jsp/testTagURL" and
    not for "/WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld"?

    Thanks,

    Zalek

  2. Re: Newbie - problem with JSP tag libraries

    On Jul 15, 7:39 pm, zalek wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to execute on a JSP program on a server with jakarta-
    > tomcat-4.1.29.
    > Here is a program:
    >
    > <%@ taglib uri="testTagURL" prefix="testTagPrefix" %>
    >

    > in web.xml I have definition:
    >

    > testTagURL
    > /WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld
    >

    > I have testTag.tld file located at: /WEB-INF/tld
    >
    > When I execute my program I am getting:
    >
    > org.apache.jasper.JasperException: File "/test-jsp/testTagURL" not
    > found
    > at
    > org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jsp Error(DefaultErrorHandler.java:
    > 105)
    > at
    > org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatc h(ErrorDispatcher.java:
    > 430)
    > at
    > org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspErro r(ErrorDispatcher.java:
    > 154)
    > at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.
    > (TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:180)
    > at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirec tive(Parser.java:
    > 354)
    > at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(P arser.java:381)
    >
    > My question: how my program is looking for "/test-jsp/testTagURL" and
    > not for "/WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld"?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Zalek

    I found the problem. I changed the order of web.xml parms:
    This did not work:

    testTagURL
    /WEB-INF/tld/testTag.tld

    invoker