Newbie - JSP problem. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Newbie - JSP problem. - Weblogic ; I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets. Compiled servlets are located in /home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes directory I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp programs? I put my first HelloWorld.jsp ...

  1. Newbie - JSP problem.

    I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets.
    Compiled servlets are located in
    /home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
    directory

    I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp
    programs?
    I put my first HelloWorld.jsp to:
    /home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp

    and here is what is what I am getting:

    Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

    Thanks,

    Zalek

  2. Re: Newbie - JSP problem.

    zalek wrote:
    > I have a space on a Tomcat server where I have some Java servlets.
    > Compiled servlets are located in
    > /home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes
    > directory
    >
    > I started to learn JSP. Into which directory should I put my .jsp
    > programs?
    > I put my first HelloWorld.jsp to:
    > /home/catalina/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/webapps/myapp
    >
    > and here is what is what I am getting:
    >
    > Hello! The time is now <%= new java.util.Date() %>

    Does the myapp folder have the folder WEB-INF with a valid web.xml file?

    --
    Roger Lindsjö

+ Reply to Thread