Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow - Weblogic ; I have an application on weblogic 8.1.5 server using sybase database. It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/ insert into another table. But the inserting / updating is very very slow like it adds ...

  1. Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow

    I have an application on weblogic 8.1.5 server using sybase database.
    It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/
    insert into another table. But the inserting / updating is very very
    slow like it adds one row in 40 seconds on avg.
    table is very huge and we have indexing also.
    Btw the same application runs very fast on another server (Sybase EA
    server) so I dont understand what is the problem. it cannot be a
    database problem since it runs so fast on EA server. Only running on
    weblogic creates a problem.
    Weblogic is supposed to be faster than EA server i thought. Please
    help me with this. It is pretty critical.
    thanks

  2. Re: Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow

    On Jan 30, 1:57 pm, pdva...@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have an application on weblogic 8.1.5 server using sybase database.
    > It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/
    > insert into another table. But the inserting / updating is very very
    > slow like it adds one row in 40 seconds on avg.
    > table is very huge and we have indexing also.
    > Btw the same application runs very fast on another server (Sybase EA
    > server) so I dont understand what is the problem. it cannot be a
    > database problem since it runs so fast on EA server. Only running on
    > weblogic creates a problem.
    > Weblogic is supposed to be faster than EA server i thought. Please
    > help me with this. It is pretty critical.
    > thanks

    Show me the JDBC you are using to do the insert/update. What
    JDBC driver are you using in both cases?
    Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems

  3. Re: Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow

    Hi Joe,

    Thanks for your time.

    On weblogic : com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver

    sybase drive type 4 version 4.1

    ---

    On ea server :

    com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibdll=com.sybase.j dbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
    com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibname=JDBC
    com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.db_type=Sybase_ASE

    ----------------------------------

    Please help me with this.

    Thanks.

    On Jan 30, 5:45*pm, "joeNOS...@bea.com"
    wrote:
    > On Jan 30, 1:57 pm, pdva...@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    > > I have an application on weblogic 8.1.5 server using sybase database.
    > > It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/
    > > insert into another table. But the inserting / updating is very very
    > > slow like it adds one row in 40 seconds on avg.
    > > table is very huge and we have indexing also.
    > > Btw the same application runs very fast on another server (Sybase EA
    > > server) so I dont understand what is the problem. it cannot be a
    > > database problem since it runs so fast on EA server. Only running on
    > > weblogic creates a problem.
    > > Weblogic is supposed to be faster than EA server i thought. Please
    > > help *me with this. It is pretty critical.
    > > thanks

    > Show me the JDBC you are using to do the insert/update. What
    > JDBC driver are you using in both cases?
    > Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems

  4. Re: Weblogic : insert/update query is very slow

    On Jan 30, 7:33 pm, pdva...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Joe,
    >
    > Thanks for your time.
    >
    > On weblogic : com.sybase.jdbc.SybDriver
    >
    > sybase drive type 4 version 4.1
    >
    > ---
    >
    > On ea server :
    >
    > com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibdll=com.sybase.j dbc2.jdbc.SybDriver
    > com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.conlibname=JDBC
    > com.sybase.jaguar.conncache.db_type=Sybase_ASE
    >
    > ----------------------------------
    >
    > Please help me with this.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > On Jan 30, 5:45 pm, "joeNOS...@bea.com"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > On Jan 30, 1:57 pm, pdva...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > I have an application on weblogic 8.1.5 server using sybase database.
    > > > It execute select query , get some data , manipulate it and update/
    > > > insert into another table. But the inserting / updating is very very
    > > > slow like it adds one row in 40 seconds on avg.
    > > > table is very huge and we have indexing also.
    > > > Btw the same application runs very fast on another server (Sybase EA
    > > > server) so I dont understand what is the problem. it cannot be a
    > > > database problem since it runs so fast on EA server. Only running on
    > > > weblogic creates a problem.
    > > > Weblogic is supposed to be faster than EA server i thought. Please
    > > > help me with this. It is pretty critical.
    > > > thanks

    > > Show me the JDBC you are using to do the insert/update. What
    > > JDBC driver are you using in both cases?
    > > Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems

    show the JDBC code. Try switching drivers.
    Joe

+ Reply to Thread