com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException - Weblogic

This is a discussion on com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException - Weblogic ; Hi, I'm very new toWeblogic. ( I have little bit of experience in Java). In office, i have been assigned to migrateion of application from WL7 to WL8(SP4). I have done with configuration change and some compilation error while upgrading ...

  1. com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException

    Hi,

    I'm very new toWeblogic. ( I have little bit of experience in Java).
    In office, i have been assigned to migrateion of application from WL7
    to WL8(SP4).

    I have done with configuration change and some compilation error while
    upgrading to 3rd softwares also. Now, I'm facing problem while running
    the application.

    Here is the Exception Message,
    << java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
    Stored procedure 'p_my_sp'
    may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF'
    command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction
    mode. >>

    I have not changed the p_my_sp procedure while doing the migration
    (actually it was not changed quite long time). Do i need to make any
    more configuration change to ride off this exception. No change in
    Database version also.

    Thanks in Advance.

    Regards,
    Sangeetha.

  2. Re: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException

    On Oct 25, 10:35 pm, sangeetha...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm very new toWeblogic. ( I have little bit of experience in Java).
    > In office, i have been assigned to migrateion of application from WL7
    > to WL8(SP4).
    >
    > I have done with configuration change and some compilation error while
    > upgrading to 3rd softwares also. Now, I'm facing problem while running
    > the application.
    >
    > Here is the Exception Message,
    > << java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
    > Stored procedure 'p_my_sp'
    > may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF'
    > command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction
    > mode. >>
    >
    > I have not changed the p_my_sp procedure while doing the migration
    > (actually it was not changed quite long time). Do i need to make any
    > more configuration change to ride off this exception. No change in
    > Database version also.
    >
    > Thanks in Advance.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Sangeetha.

    This is probably happening because WebLogic is calling your procedure
    in the context of a transaction. You should tell the DBMS to allow it
    to run your procedures in any mode, either chained (in a transaction)
    or unchained. Search the Sybase documents for the system stored
    procedure that will do that, sp_procxmode.

    Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems

  3. Re: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException

    On Oct 26, 10:52 pm, "joeNOS...@bea.com"
    wrote:
    > On Oct 25, 10:35 pm, sangeetha...@gmail.com wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > I'm very new toWeblogic. ( I have little bit of experience in Java).
    > > In office, i have been assigned to migrateion of application from WL7
    > > to WL8(SP4).

    > > I have done with configuration change and some compilation error while
    > > upgrading to 3rd softwares also. Now, I'm facing problem while running
    > > the application.

    > > Here is the Exception Message,
    > > << java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
    > > Stored procedure 'p_my_sp'
    > > may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF'
    > > command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction
    > > mode. >>

    > > I have not changed the p_my_sp procedure while doing the migration
    > > (actually it was not changed quite long time). Do i need to make any
    > > more configuration change to ride off this exception. No change in
    > > Database version also.

    > > Thanks in Advance.

    > > Regards,
    > > Sangeetha.

    > This is probably happening because WebLogic is calling your procedure
    > in the context of a transaction. You should tell the DBMS to allow it
    > to run your procedures in any mode, either chained (in a transaction)
    > or unchained. Search the Sybase documents for the system stored
    > procedure that will do that, sp_procxmode.
    >
    > Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for suggestion.

    BTW, is this because of using WL8? Since the procedure didnt show any
    such exception when i deploy it in WL7. (with same Sybase version).
    Sorry to ask more, i need to explain this to DBA to change the mode of
    that script.

    Sangeetha.

  4. Re: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException

    On Oct 29, 11:41 am, sangeetha...@gmail.com wrote:
    > On Oct 26, 10:52 pm, "joeNOS...@bea.com"
    > wrote:
    >

    > > On Oct 25, 10:35 pm, sangeetha...@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Hi,

    > > > I'm very new toWeblogic. ( I have little bit of experience in Java).
    > > > In office, i have been assigned to migrateion of application from WL7
    > > > to WL8(SP4).

    > > > I have done with configuration change and some compilation error while
    > > > upgrading to 3rd softwares also. Now, I'm facing problem while running
    > > > the application.

    > > > Here is the Exception Message,
    > > > << java.rmi.RemoteException: com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException:
    > > > Stored procedure 'p_my_sp'
    > > > may be run only in unchained transaction mode. The 'SET CHAINED OFF'
    > > > command will cause the current session to use unchained transaction
    > > > mode. >>

    > > > I have not changed the p_my_sp procedure while doing the migration
    > > > (actually it was not changed quite long time). Do i need to make any
    > > > more configuration change to ride off this exception. No change in
    > > > Database version also.

    > > > Thanks in Advance.

    > > > Regards,
    > > > Sangeetha.

    > > This is probably happening because WebLogic is calling your procedure
    > > in the context of a transaction. You should tell the DBMS to allow it
    > > to run your procedures in any mode, either chained (in a transaction)
    > > or unchained. Search the Sybase documents for the system stored
    > > procedure that will do that, sp_procxmode.

    > > Joe Weinstein at BEA Systems- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks for suggestion.
    >
    > BTW, is this because of using WL8? Since the procedure didnt show any
    > such exception when i deploy it in WL7. (with same Sybase version).
    > Sorry to ask more, i need to explain this to DBA to change the mode of
    > that script.
    >
    > Sangeetha.- Hide quoted text -

    My DBA is not accepting the change i requested (to change the stored
    procedure mode). In one link, i found one information, changing
    JDBCTxDataSource to JDBCDataSource in config.xml it worked. when i did
    the same(edited the file directly) i'm not able to bring up the
    WebLogic server itself. I think i'm missing some configuration
    option. It would be great if i know how to use JDBCDataSource instead
    of JDBCTxDataSource.

    Thx in advance and lot for your time to reply to my problem.

    Sangeetha.

+ Reply to Thread