Why is initial tag library request slow? - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Why is initial tag library request slow? - Weblogic ; Hi, my first request to a JSP page using a tag library (Display Tag Library) takes about 10-15 seconds and subsequent requests are fast. Does anyone know why the first request is slow? I don't believe the slowness is jsp ...

  1. Why is initial tag library request slow?

    Hi, my first request to a JSP page using a tag library (Display Tag
    Library) takes about 10-15 seconds and subsequent requests are fast.
    Does anyone know why the first request is slow?

    I don't believe the slowness is jsp compiling as we precompile and it
    seems that it is working. We're on Weblogic 8.1. My CPU is revving
    at 100% during this start up period.

    Is the container just loading the classes or is there some init routine

    running? How can I debug this?

    Thanks very much for the help!

  2. Re: Why is initial tag library request slow?

    I think the wait is becuase on the first request (only the first) the
    JVM is loading a lot of classes. Is there a way I can configure
    Weblogic to load these classes at system start up?

    The classes are mostly common classes (Jakarta Commons, log4j, etc) and
    the tag library I am using (Display Tag Library).

    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread