Precompiled JSP's in exploded deployment - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Precompiled JSP's in exploded deployment - Weblogic ; We have several applications run in WLS 8.1 SP4 where we have chosen to precompile all JSP pages and package them in the WAR/EAR files. This has shortened the time of our deployment imensely, when we deploy the apps in ...

  1. Precompiled JSP's in exploded deployment

    We have several applications run in WLS 8.1 SP4 where we have chosen to
    precompile all JSP pages and package them in the WAR/EAR files. This
    has shortened the time of our deployment imensely, when we deploy the
    apps in archived format.

    However, we somethimes deploy the apps using an exploded format. The
    server compiles the JSP's even if we deliver an exact copy of what we
    have in our WAR/EAR-files. Having read postings of problems with this
    in previous versions of Weblogic, I'm curious to know if we are just
    doing things wrong, or if this is still an issue?

    Thankful for any information about this issue!

    Regards,
    /Eje Thorarinsson

  2. Re: Precompiled JSP's in exploded deployment

    Reasons why noone has answered my inquiry:

    A) Everyone knows about this issue except me, and we can't be bothered
    anwering.
    B) Noone in the world has ever encountered this problem. I'm a rocket
    scientist..
    C) My Enlish is so bad that noone understands what I wrote.

    Still hoping for some explanation. BEA folks: Would this matter concern
    an Open Source product, I would have gotten a reply ages ago (sigh)....

+ Reply to Thread