Popup Portal Login / Authentication - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Popup Portal Login / Authentication - Weblogic ; I am having problems finding good examples of how to enable a portal login authentication portlet in a popup window. The scenario, is that I will programatically change a web service to require portal role base security. When this occurs ...

  1. Popup Portal Login / Authentication

    I am having problems finding good examples of how to enable a portal login authentication portlet in a popup window. The scenario, is that I will programatically change a web service to require portal role base security. When this occurs the next time this web service is accessed, it should reject that access or block and pop up the portal login window. When I sucessfully log on, then it should return the results and I can close that login window at my leisure. I do not want to keep the login portlet displayed in the main page of the portlet, it should not appear until it is needed. This is a really urgent request if anyone can help me with this. I really appreciate the help!

  2. Re: Popup Portal Login / Authentication

    How are you consuming the Web Service? If it is in a control, you can create a small page flow portlet out of it. You can then check whether the user has the appropriate permissions in the begin method. If not, you can popup a new window and ask the user to login. I don't think the Web Service itself will need to manage how it displays the login page. That should be left to the consumer. The Web Service should just check the security and return an appropriate message. The page flow or consumer code should look at the message and do whatever it needs to.

    Does this make sense?

    Kunal

  3. Re: Popup Portal Login / Authentication

    Hi,

    perhaps basic authentication would do the trick ?

    I am a little bit in the dark as to how this relates to the portal login, although an idea it is.

    http://e-docs.bea.com/workshop/docs8...ntication.html

    - Anders M.

  4. Re: Popup Portal Login / Authentication

    I do have the web service in a control which is in a page flow. I understand what you are saying regarding the web service returning a message concerning security. So when a message is received, I then want to pop up a login window, submit a username and password and then submit the credentials along with the transaction information being sent to the web service as ws security header fields.

  5. Re: Popup Portal Login / Authentication

    Anders,

    Thanks for pointing me to that section of the online help. There were good examples. However, it has just been clarified to me that I have to transmit the username and password as ws security header values. If you have any information or samples that show that integration, I'd appreciate it!

+ Reply to Thread