Hi,

I have JBoss running a simple webapp and want to Telnet to localhost to
issue a HTTP request and get the response:

>From a DOS prompt I Do this:

--------------------------------------
Welcome to Microsoft Telnet Client

Escape Character is 'CTRL+]'

Microsoft Telnet> set localecho
Local echo on
Microsoft Telnet> open localhost 8080
Connecting To localhost...

My problem is I never get the 'connected'. I definitely have a web
server running on this port (JBoss with Tomcat). I have no firewall, I
get the same problem with 127.0.0.1.

If I do it a different way and do: telnet localhost 8080, I can't see
my commands - if I type set localecho, telnet just dies and returns
me to my prompt.

All I want to do is type a 'GET / HTTP/1.0' to my webserver on 8080,
see what I'm typing and get the response back.
Can anybody please tell me what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks,
Roger