JSP transaltion error BEA-101045 -Class Cast exception on deploy - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP transaltion error BEA-101045 -Class Cast exception on deploy - Weblogic ; When deploying my application on a QA server other than my development instance of WebLogic (both are WL 8.1), I am getting the following error: { Module Name: foo, Error: Could not load foo: java.lang.ClassCastException }. The application uses STRUTS. ...

  1. JSP transaltion error BEA-101045 -Class Cast exception on deploy

    When deploying my application on a QA server other than my development instance of WebLogic (both are WL 8.1), I am getting the following error:
    <[ServletContext(id=20442932,name=foo,context-path=/foo)] translation of /WEB-INF/jsp/formFooBar.jsp failed: java.lang.ClassCastException>
    {
    Module Name: foo, Error: Could not load foo: java.lang.ClassCastException
    }.

    The application uses STRUTS. It deploys and runs fine on my dev server. What is missing on my QA server?

  2. Re: JSP transaltion error BEA-101045 -Class Cast exception on deploy

    Hello,

    Probably not so much what your missing more what extra stuff you have on your QA env.

    There is probably an identically named class somewhere on your classpath with a different implementation causing this problem. This would explain why you get this exception only on your QA environment. Search your classpath and jars for duplicates or different versions of thired party jars. Ask the other developers if they use the class thats causing the Cast error they may be able to shed some more light on your problem.

    Cheers,
    Hoos

+ Reply to Thread