How to disable client cookie using Servlet code - Weblogic

This is a discussion on How to disable client cookie using Servlet code - Weblogic ; Hi All, I want to disable the client cookie using JSP or servlet code.Is it possible how I can do it. Thanks in Advance ....

  1. How to disable client cookie using Servlet code

    Hi All,
    I want to disable the client cookie using JSP or servlet code.Is it possible how I can do it.
    Thanks in Advance .

  2. Re: How to disable client cookie using Servlet code

    Hi,

    first of all, the URL rewriting option (URLRewritingEnabled) in the weblogic.xml must be set to true.

    Now, for all first-timer web requests the BEA WLS always uses URL rewriting in addition to cookies to see wether the browser accepts cookies or not.

    I would try to rip of all of the cookies in the header, then flush the response to force the http header to be written.

    I have never tried it and has no idea if it will work, however the teory behind supports the idea.

    This will not work for toggling session tracking mechanism from a session already established with cookies, the session will be lost if attempted to do this without the URL-rewriting enabled on the page.

    - Anders M.

+ Reply to Thread