JSP precompile error - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP precompile error - Weblogic ; Hi All, I am trying to precompile the jsp's from our webapp when starting the wls 8.1 sp3 server. One the startup of the server I get the following error. includejsp/confirmation.jsp, compiler errors: /local2/sibs/r4.0/dev/ebsmasterdom/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/_includejsp/__confirmation.java:129: cannot resolve symbol symbol : variable ...

  1. JSP precompile error

    Hi All,

    I am trying to precompile the jsp's from our webapp when starting the wls 8.1 sp3 server.
    One the startup of the server I get the following error.

    <[ServletContext(id=21578710,name=ebsapp_r1,context-path=)] failed to compile /
    includejsp/confirmation.jsp, compiler errors:
    /local2/sibs/r4.0/dev/ebsmasterdom/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/_includejsp/__confirmation.java:129: cannot resolve symbol
    symbol : variable confMessage
    location: class jsp_servlet._includejsp.__confirmation
    if (confMessage != null) //[ /includejsp/confirmation.jsp; Line: 3]

    I have set the precompile parameter on the weblogic.xml to true. Here is part of my weblogic.xml file with my current settings.

    keepgenerated
    TRUE

    pageCheckSeconds
    60

    debug
    true

    printNulls
    false

    precompile
    true

    workingDir
    WEB-INF/classes

    packagePrefix
    jsp_servlet

    compileCommand
    /local2/bea/wls/8.x/jdk142_04/bin/javac

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jose

  2. Re: JSP precompile error

    Hi,
    Make sure that you have declared the varable confMessage
    in yourJSP file.If you have declared this ten show me your JSP code.
    Pradeep

+ Reply to Thread