J2ee implementation with jaas/LDAP - Weblogic

This is a discussion on J2ee implementation with jaas/LDAP - Weblogic ; Hi; I search a good j2ee implementation or light framework using jaas API and LDAP directory to authentifies and affects a profil to a user. I have already analysed the framework : JGuard. regards;...

  1. J2ee implementation with jaas/LDAP

    Hi;

    I search a good j2ee implementation or light framework using jaas API and LDAP directory to authentifies and affects a profil to a user.
    I have already analysed the framework : JGuard.

    regards;

  2. Re: J2ee implementation with jaas/LDAP

    If I understand you correctly, you want to have an application deployed in WebLogic (you don't say what version) use standard J2EE JAAS for declarative authentication and authorization, but use an LDAP provider for the actual implementation.

    If that's the case, at least in WebLogic 8.1 (I don't know about older versions), you shouldn't need any third-party packages. You can configure your WebLogic domain with authentication and authorization providers that interface with an LDAP server. This will work with the JAAS implementation in WebLogic. You can go to to read about configuring security in WebLogic (including the LDAP authentication provider).

+ Reply to Thread