Re: Nested JSP tags not working in Weblogic 8.1/6.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Nested JSP tags not working in Weblogic 8.1/6.1 - Weblogic ; You're right, your situation is very similar to the situation the other poster describes. However, the main similarity is that neither of you have given us any information about what is going wrong. We can't read minds or read what's ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Re: Nested JSP tags not working in Weblogic 8.1/6.1

  1. Re: Nested JSP tags not working in Weblogic 8.1/6.1

    You're right, your situation is very similar to the situation the other poster describes. However, the main similarity is that neither of you have given us any information about what is going wrong. We can't read minds or read what's on your screen. We need to see specific error messages, stack traces, and specific code that shows what you are trying to do.

    However, it's likely that you're running into problems with the issues with "tag reuse" and "tag pooling". You should first read the JSP specification in the areas that talk about this issue, although this will probably leave you with more questions than you started with.

    I'm guessing that your "" element doesn't have any attributes. It's possible that WebLogic is reusing a single "" tag instance for each occurrence in your page. You may have to figure out how to turn off tag pooling in the JSP compiler, but I'm not sure how to do that.

    It's possible that Websphere doesn't give you an issue with this because perhaps they didn't bother with the tag pooling optimization (it is a good thing to have it available).

  2. Re: Nested JSP tags not working in Weblogic 8.1/6.1

    Hi dkarr,

    My first post clearly says I did not get any exceptions and it clearly said what is wrong. Had I got any exceptions, I would have definitely posted it.

    Regarding tag pooling, you could be right. But I could not find the answer to disable/enable tag pooling.

    Also I contacted the earlier poster regarding this...this was his answer...

    >>>>

    Hi,

    I think you are referring to an issue regarding an upgrade to BEA Weblogic 6.1 and problems with nested tags.
    I re-wrote the tags completely using samples I found online. They worked fine from that moment on.
    I do not recall exactly what I changed. I Adapted examples of Marty Hall, http://www.coreservlets.com/

    Cheers,
    Folkert
    <<<<<

    regards,

    Sriram

+ Reply to Thread