We’re using WebLogic JSP caching on our site now and it seems to be working except for the “async” property. Whether we set it to true or false, it always seems to wait until the block is rendered before displaying it. It is supposed to kick off the rendering of the HTML block and give the user old data until it is done.

In the WebLogic 8.1 documentation it says the following:

“If the async parameter is set to true, the cache will be updated asynchronously, if possible. The user that initiates the cache hit sees the old data.”

What bothers me is the “if possible” part of this. Is there any documentation that states what conditions would make the call synchronous as opposed to asynchronous?

Thanks!

Chuck Rickard