I'm using portal 8.1 sp3 and trying to get my JSP includes to include *JSPs* from a virtual directory.

I can load HTML files from the working directory perfectly:

But whenever I try to load JSPs it fails:

Is this a known (bug) and expected behavior?

My weblogic.xml setting:

c:/wls-domains/portal_servers/testcontent
/myprods/*

And I have C:\wls-domains\portal_servers\testcontent\myprods which contains both myProd1.html and myProd1.jsp

Note I cannot put my JSP's pre-compiled class in the applications classpath, I'm expecting the jsp:include to resolve all this itself.

The error I get when trying to include the JSP is as follows:

Error opening /SamplePortlet/index2.jsp.
The source of this error is javax.servlet.ServletException: [HTTP:101249][ServletContext(id=3477358,name=myProject,context-path=/myProject)]: Servlet class jsp_servlet._myprods.__myprod1 for servlet /myprods/myProd1.jsp could not be loaded because the requested class was not found in the classpath C:\wls-domains\portal_servers\user_projects\applications\ myApplication\.workshop\output\myProject\WEB-INF\classes;C:\wls-domains\portal_servers\user_projects\applications\ myApplication\myProject\WEB-INF\classes;

[followed by loads more classpath values]

at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareS ervlet(ServletStubImpl.java:824) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStu b.java:254) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspStub.prepareServlet(JspStu b.java:188) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.getServl et(ServletStubImpl.java:535) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:373) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeSe rvlet(ServletStubImpl.java:463)

[followed by loads more stack trace]

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Martin