how to use jstl in weblogic 8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on how to use jstl in weblogic 8.1 - Weblogic ; I tried to use JSTL in my jsp file and I add at the top line. But the server reported java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver how to solve this problem?...

  1. how to use jstl in weblogic 8.1

    I tried to use JSTL in my jsp file and I add
    <%@ taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" %> at the top line. But the server reported
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/el/VariableResolver

    how to solve this problem?

  2. Re: how to use jstl in weblogic 8.1

    WebLogic 8.1 supports JSP 1.2, which doesn't natively implement the JSTL or the expression language. If you download the Jakarta Taglibs implementation of the JSTL (for JSP 1.2, not JSP 2.0), then you can use the JSTL taglib as a normal taglib. Note that this doesn't give you the ability to use the other JSP 2.0 tag features, like using the expression language in body content.

    Make sure that you use the uri value specified in the tld that you're using. I believe the values are different between the JSP 1.2 and JSP 2.0 versions.

+ Reply to Thread