wlnotdelete - Weblogic

This is a discussion on wlnotdelete - Weblogic ; Ours is a clustered weblogic environment (solaris). Admin server resides in m/c A. There are 12 managed servers, 4 each in m/cís A, B and C. We are deploying a web application in exploded format under DefaultWeApp targeted to all ...

  1. wlnotdelete

    Ours is a clustered weblogic environment (solaris). Admin server resides in m/c A. There are 12 managed servers, 4 each in m/cís A, B and C. We are deploying a web application in exploded format under DefaultWeApp targeted to all the 12 managed instances. We also do have a similar test environment. In our production environment, in each solaris m/c, under /applications directory following directories are available:

    1. wlnotdelete

    2. wlnotdelete- (one specific to every instance running in that m/c)

    Under the above directories, files which are deployed in exploded format (DefaultWebApps) are available. We presume this to be inbuilt cache implementation in weblogic.

    However, in our test environment, we donít find any files under any of .wlnotdelete or .wlnotdelete- directories in all the m/cís However the directories are present.

    We face few issues with respect to caching in our production environment; but not in the test environment.

    We require information on the following:

    1. Why could the discrepancy be between the 2 environments? Is there any specific configuration for the same?
    2. Does weblogic server serves jsp/html requests from .wlnotdelete directory (if files are available), rather than from /applications/DefaultWebApp?
    3. How could any dynamic content change/inclusion under DefaultWebApp be made to reflect without restarting the instances?

    Many thanks

  2. Re: wlnotdelete

    Hi

    The /applications directory is provided for hot deployment of applications. The server check this dir every 3 sec for any new/updated applications in exploded or archived formats. This feature is usually turned off for servers in production mode.

    To reflect new/updated files in your app you can try the Deployer util

    java weblogic.Deployer -adminurl http://admin:7001 -name appname -targets server1,server2 -activate jsps/*.jsp

    Nitin

  3. Re: wlnotdelete

    Hello,

    >1. Why could the discrepancy be between the 2 >environments? Is there any specific configuration for >the same?

    You can use the admin console to check what type of domain you are using on both platforms:

    Click on the globe icon or select domains

    You will be able to see if Production mode is checked. From what you are telling us I guess this will be unchecked for your test platform, please confirm if this is the case.

    If you are running your test platform in development mode and deploying your application in exploded form then this will explain the empty wlnotdelete directories.

    >2. Does weblogic server serves jsp/html requests >from .wlnotdelete directory (if files are available), >rather than from /applications/DefaultWebApp?

    I beleive this is the standard behaviour.

    >3. How could any dynamic content change/inclusion under >DefaultWebApp be made to reflect without restarting the >instances?

    On your test platform you should be able to simply change the JSPs in the DefaultWebApp and the change will be reflected in the next request.

    On your production platfrom you will have to use the deploy tool as Nitin suggests. You can also redeploy your application using the weblogic console.

    Deployments>Applications select the application and select deploy option.

    Hope this helps.

  4. Re: wlnotdelete

    Hi Nitin,
    Thanks a lot for your response. I am planning try out the weblogic.Deployer utility in our production environment to refresh the content.
    However the context is like this. I have my jsp/html files under Applications/DefaultWebApp folder in all the 3 m/c's. Currently we copy the updated/new files directly to DefaultWebApp directory of all the m/c's; but the content not refreshed in the website. Given the situation, what difference would weblogic.Deployer utility make ? Would it create copy of files under .wlnotdelete in this process? pls clarify this.

    Many thanks.

+ Reply to Thread