Workshop Deploy - java.lang.NullPointerException - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Workshop Deploy - java.lang.NullPointerException - Weblogic ; Hi all, I have a problem when i'm deploying an application with bea weblogic workshop. I've a simple web project.....in this web project there is a subfolder for to splitting different functionality. - The problem - If i deploy a ...

  1. Workshop Deploy - java.lang.NullPointerException

    Hi all,

    I have a problem when i'm deploying an application with bea weblogic workshop.

    I've a simple web project.....in this web project there is a subfolder for to splitting different functionality.
    - The problem -
    If i deploy a *.ear (workshop generated) file,no problem.
    But if i deploy from workshop (exploded dir) i have a strange error when i'm connecting to a jsp in a subfolder.

    Ex.

    "Http://localhost:7001/MyWebApp/subfolder1/test.jsp"
    Response:
    "An error as occurred:"

    ---------

    Stack Trace:

    <8-set-2004 17.52.46 CEST> <[ServletContext(id=67806
    87,name=MyWebApp,context-path=/MyWebApp)] Servlet failed with Exception
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.io.File.(File.java:180)
    at com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.registerStaleMo
    dule(DynamicSubappActionServlet.java:540)
    at com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.ensureModuleReg
    istered(DynamicSubappActionServlet.java:500)
    at com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.getModuleConfig
    (DynamicSubappActionServlet.java:455)
    at com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.DynamicSubappActionServ let.ensureModuleSel
    ected(DynamicSubappActionServlet.java:435)
    at com.bea.wlw.netui.pageflow.PageFlowJspFilter.doFil ter(PageFlowJspFilt
    er.java:141)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter (FilterChainImpl.ja
    va:27)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$Ser vletInvocationActio
    n.run(WebAppServletContext.java:6316)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubjec t.doAs(Authenticate
    dSubject.java:317)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Se curityManager.java:
    118)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.inv okeServlet(WebAppSe
    rvletContext.java:3622)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execu te(ServletRequestIm
    pl.java:2569)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThrea d.java:197)
    at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.ja va:170)

    ----------

    Where is the error?
    Must i add any information about subfolder in a descriptor???
    ?:|

    Thanks

    Ferdinando

  2. Re: Workshop Deploy - java.lang.NullPointerException

    Hello,

    Are you sure your exploded ear and archived ear are identical (appart from compression).

    Can you access other jsps and servlets from the broken deployment?

    What happens if you archive and deploy your exploded ear?

+ Reply to Thread