I have a JSP in my web app's root context directory that cannot find classes unless the classes are under /APP-INF/classes directory. I'm trying to follow the split dev structure for web applications (see figure 2-5 at Web Applications). Here is what my structure looks like...

src
|-- myAppEar
|-- myWebApp
|-- WEB-INF/
| |--src/
| |-- Foo.java

|-- welcome.jsp

build
|-- myAppEar
|-- myWebApp
|-- WEB-INF/
|--classes/
|-- Foo.class

I compiled the java src using wlcompile which placed the classes under the build branch at build/myAppEar/myWebApp/WEB-INF/classes/. But my JSP still cannot find the classes at runtime.

...as a workaround, I'm coping my WEB-INF/classes dir over to APP-INF/classes. The JSP find the classes under APP-INF. But this doesn't seem right to me.

Why aren't my classes being found under WEB-INF/classes? Any suggestions? Thanks