OutOfMemory during file upload - Weblogic

This is a discussion on OutOfMemory during file upload - Weblogic ; We encounter OutOfMemory problem during file upload in our application. We use O'Reilly package to handle upload request. The message in the Server Log is the folowing : BEA-101017 18 août 2004 09 h 06 CES Error HTTP [ServletContext(id=25481049,name=/hermes,context-path=/herme s)] ...

  1. OutOfMemory during file upload

    We encounter OutOfMemory problem during file upload in our application.

    We use O'Reilly package to handle upload request.

    The message in the Server Log is the folowing :

    BEA-101017 18 août 2004 09 h 06 CES Error HTTP [ServletContext(id=25481049,name=/hermes,context-path=/herme
    s)] Root cause of ServletException.

    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

    The OutOfMemory problem seems occured only for uplaod request. The size of the file does'nt matter : the problem occured with a 46k file.

    Any idea?

  2. Re: OutOfMemory during file upload

    You need to provide some more information on this. Things like version of WLS, start-up parameters for weblogic server like heap size, what was the application trying to do etc.

  3. Re: OutOfMemory during file upload

    Use a memory profiler and se what objects are growing. Provide that data and we can see where the leak is.

  4. Re: OutOfMemory during file upload

    I use O'Reilly package to create a MultiPartRequest and I wrap this multi part request using a class which inherit from HttpServletRequestWrapper.
    The OutOfMemory problems seems occured when we instanciates the wrapper.
    Is there some precautions to known before using HttpServletRequestWrapper?

  5. Re: OutOfMemory during file upload

    In fact, the OutOfMemoryError append when we read the content of the uploaded file.
    We read the content using a byte buffer of 8Ko.
    Several applications are deployed on the same Weblo server. How the memory is managed between all the applications?

+ Reply to Thread