Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps - Weblogic ; Hi there, I'm deploying a project to Weblogic 8.1.2 and I'm trying to use Ant - in conjunction with Weblogic tasks - wldeploy and wlappc - to build and deploy my project for me. And I'm noticing some bizarre behaviour ...

  1. Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    Hi there,

    I'm deploying a project to Weblogic 8.1.2 and I'm trying to use Ant - in conjunction with Weblogic tasks - wldeploy and wlappc - to build and deploy my project for me. And I'm noticing some bizarre behaviour with the weblogic precompilation.

    As part of the build process - all jsps are precompile when assembling into an ear file. However when I deploy the ear - Weblogic Server goes ahead and recompiles the jsps all over again - which the defeats the purpose of compiling them at assembly time.

    The message I get from the server is

    [pre]
    16-Aug-2004 10:45:53 o'clock BST> 101295> (id=26194723,name=coronersDB,context-path=/coronersDB)], resour/pages/AdminLetter.jsp], because it is stale. It
    was previously compiled using a different version of
    WebLogic Server.JSP build version: 8.1.2.0WLS build
    version: 8.1.2.0.>
    [/pre]

    Does anyone know how I can stop this second precompilation?

    Thanks in advance

    Tariq

  2. Re: Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    Hi

    I have the same problem, just wondered if you had found a solution?

    Thanks

    Milo

  3. Re: Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    Hi

    I have the same problem, just wondered if you had found a solution?

    Thanks

    Milo

  4. Re: Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    I never found a fix for this.

    In the end I just wrote an ant script using basic ant tasks i.e. no weblogic ant tasks - and used the weblogic.xml file to get the server to precompile jsps at deploy time.

    My experience with the weblogic ant tasks has been less than satisfactory.

    Good luck - and let me know if you have any major breakthroughs.

  5. Re: Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    The problem usually surfaces when there are differences in WLS & compiler versions (service pack, patches, classpath), incorrect timestamps or bad packaging.

    You should have a look at the specific BEA support pattern for JSP recompilation issues:

    http://support.bea.com/support_news/...s_Pattern.html

  6. Re: Weblogic Precompilation of Jsps

    could you share with us how do you include weblogic.xml in ant war? we are interested the solution.
    thanks

+ Reply to Thread