Re: Disable Tag Pooling - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: Disable Tag Pooling - Weblogic ; I'm sorry to se that there's no answer after more than 1 year! I believe I have similar problems. I use the same custom tag several times on the same JSP page, and they are executed one after another which ...

  1. Re: Disable Tag Pooling

    I'm sorry to se that there's no answer after more than 1 year! I believe I have similar problems.
    I use the same custom tag several times on the same JSP page, and they are executed one after another which they shouldn't according to the JSP spec. Is it due to tag pooling? I don't know, and I haven't found a solution yet. Hopefully someone can come up with an answer.
    (I'm using WLS 7.1)

    Regards
    /Thomas

  2. Re: Disable Tag Pooling

    Typically a taghandler instance is re-used if the same tag is used on the
    page after the first tag's end-tag is encountered. This is as per the jsp
    spec IMO.

    Can you give a little more detail of the particular scenario you expect?

    --Nagesh

    "Thomas Aagaard Jensen" wrote in message
    news:33519738.1091020033436.JavaMail.root@jserv5.. .
    > I'm sorry to se that there's no answer after more than 1 year! I believe I

    have similar problems.
    > I use the same custom tag several times on the same JSP page, and they are

    executed one after another which they shouldn't according to the JSP spec.
    Is it due to tag pooling? I don't know, and I haven't found a solution yet.
    Hopefully someone can come up with an answer.
    > (I'm using WLS 7.1)
    >
    > Regards
    > /Thomas

  3. Re: Disable Tag Pooling

    I guess this really isn't about tag pooling but about threading!
    My custom tag is a webservice client that contacts a webservice server which does it's work in about 4-5 secs.
    I have four custom tags on the same page and I would like them to executed 'simultaneously' - not one after another - since the work of the webservice server is so time consuming.

    Isn't multithreading possible?

    Regards
    Thomas

+ Reply to Thread