jsp:include... tags not being parsed - Weblogic

This is a discussion on jsp:include... tags not being parsed - Weblogic ; We currently have a customer using one of our products with WebLogic 8.1. This product is deployed via a war file and when accessing the application, nothing included via a jsp:include shows up. When viewing the source output via a ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

  1. jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    We currently have a customer using one of our products with WebLogic 8.1. This product is deployed via a war file and when accessing the application, nothing included via a jsp:include shows up. When viewing the source output via a browser the
    The application works fine on Oracle 9iAS, Tomcat 4.x and 5.x and I believe there are several users with IBM Web Sphere using it with no problems. This is the first customer using this particular server and the first time with this behavior. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? I have downloaded and installed WebLogic 8.1 and can reproduce the error at will.

  2. Re: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    Can you show us the pattern for the jsp:include which doesnt get parsed?
    like a simple jsp which has the same pattern as that in your war file

    --Nagesh

    "Andrw Hale" wrote in message
    news:6856571.1090440831360.JavaMail.root@jserv5...
    > We currently have a customer using one of our products with WebLogic 8.1.

    This product is deployed via a war file and when accessing the application,
    nothing included via a jsp:include shows up. When viewing the source output
    via a browser the aparent they have never been parsed. Other jsp tags appear to be working
    though.
    >
    > The application works fine on Oracle 9iAS, Tomcat 4.x and 5.x and I

    believe there are several users with IBM Web Sphere using it with no
    problems. This is the first customer using this particular server and the
    first time with this behavior. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? I
    have downloaded and installed WebLogic 8.1 and can reproduce the error at
    will.



  3. Re: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    Well, I have my main page that includes a header using the <@% include file=... %>. This gets included fine. The file it includes I have reduced to:
    [pre]






    [/pre]

    The jsp:useBean tag is parsed and used correctly while all of the jsp:includes remain in the body of the HTML.

  4. Re: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    I have tried a "bare bones" jsp page and the problem still persists. This is the entire content of a problem causing page.
    [pre]
    <%@ page import="com.strsoftware.fcapi.*" %>
    <%@ page errorPage="lib/error.jsp" %>
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>




    AventX Document Management














    Test!



    [/pre]

    The problem is exactly the same.

  5. Re: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    Argg. Thats an ugly bug.. It has to do with which attribute of the include
    directive appears first.

    So the following doesnt seem to work


    but if you change the 'page' atribute to appear first, it does.


    That said please contact support@bea.com and request a patch for CR189880

    --Nagesh


    "Andrw Hale" wrote in message
    news:9704331.1090501692204.JavaMail.root@jserv5...
    > Well, I have my main page that includes a header using the <@% include

    file=... %>. This gets included fine. The file it includes I have reduced
    to:
    > [pre]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > [/pre]
    >
    > The jsp:useBean tag is parsed and used correctly while all of the

    jsp:includes remain in the body of the HTML.



  6. Re: jsp:include... tags not being parsed

    Thanks for the input. I have emailed support and will update/mark this as answered once I have installed the patch and verified that it solves the problem.

+ Reply to Thread