weblogic.jspc doesn't like //<![CDATA[ - Weblogic

This is a discussion on weblogic.jspc doesn't like //<![CDATA[ - Weblogic ; Hi, I just did an upgrade from using Weblogic 6.1 to 8.1 and after this upgrade weblogic.jspc starts to complain on a couple of jsp pages that within 6.1 worked fine. It seems like the jspc compiler doesn't like sequenses ...

  1. weblogic.jspc doesn't like //<![CDATA[

    Hi,
    I just did an upgrade from using Weblogic 6.1 to 8.1 and after this upgrade weblogic.jspc
    starts to complain on a couple of jsp pages that within 6.1 worked fine.

    It seems like the jspc compiler doesn't like sequenses like:

    This is a normal scenario when dealing with javascript combined with xhtml but
    the jspc compiler can't handle //, does anybody
    know of a workaround??

    The problem is that I get a bounch of SaxParseExceptions. Removing the commented
    CDATA tags does the trick howevere it will not validate as xhtml valid anymore
    :-(

    Thanks // Torben Norling

  2. Re: weblogic.jspc doesn't like //<![CDATA[

    I think there is a TagLibraryValidator registered with one of the tags that
    is being used on this jsp page. This taglib validator gets the page as XML
    and runs it throw a parser which doesnt seem to parse correctly because of
    CDATA sections appearing inside CDATA sections.
    IMHO, CR123659 should fix this issue so you can contact support@bea.com to
    get a patch for this issue.

    --Nagesh

    "Torben Norling" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I just did an upgrade from using Weblogic 6.1 to 8.1 and after this

    upgrade weblogic.jspc
    > starts to complain on a couple of jsp pages that within 6.1 worked fine.
    >
    > It seems like the jspc compiler doesn't like sequenses like:
    >

    > This is a normal scenario when dealing with javascript combined with xhtml

    but
    > the jspc compiler can't handle //, does

    anybody
    > know of a workaround??
    >
    > The problem is that I get a bounch of SaxParseExceptions. Removing the

    commented
    > CDATA tags does the trick howevere it will not validate as xhtml valid

    anymore
    > :-(
    >
    > Thanks // Torben Norling

+ Reply to Thread