wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags - Weblogic

This is a discussion on wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags - Weblogic ; Hi, I am trying to compile jsps with weblogic.jspc, which use struts' html tags. However, the compilation fails with the following message: [java] Translation of /views/viewPageBody.jsp failed: (line 3): Error in using tag library uri='/tags/struts-html' prefix='html': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseTag' ...

  1. wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    Hi,
    I am trying to compile jsps with weblogic.jspc, which use struts' html tags. However,
    the compilation fails with the following message:

    [java] Translation of /views/viewPageBody.jsp failed: (line 3): Error in using
    tag library uri='/tags/struts-html' prefix='html': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseTag'
    has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'server', (JSP 1.1
    spec, 5.4.1)

    I opened the BaseTag class from the struts jar and found the setter exists for
    the attribute 'server' of html tld. So does the property 'server'. The property
    'server' is a string and the parameter in the setter is a string. I read about
    the jspc errors in wls 8.1 about the setter parameter being of different type
    than the property. However, that is not the case here. I tried using both Sun's
    and BEA's jdk. None of them help. Btw, there is another attribute mentioned in
    the html tld, which is 'target'. The compiler doesn't complain yet about this.
    Also, I happened to compile other apps which have struts logic tags.

    My environment:
    OS: Win2k sp3
    WLS: 8.1 sp2
    JDK: Sun's 1.4.2 sp4 / Bea's 1.4.1 sp5 (tried both)
    Ant: 1.5.3 (I had an issue earlier with ant until I found that Bea officially
    without any mention supports only ant 1.5.3.)

    I would appreciate any help in this regard.

    Thanks,

    Abbas

  2. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    What version of Struts are you trying to use?

    Are you certain you're not encountering a different instance of that class in
    an unexpected location in your classpath?

    "Abbas" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I am trying to compile jsps with weblogic.jspc, which use struts' html
    >tags. However,
    >the compilation fails with the following message:
    >
    >[java] Translation of /views/viewPageBody.jsp failed: (line 3): Error
    >in using
    >tag library uri='/tags/struts-html' prefix='html': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BaseTag'
    >has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'server',
    >(JSP 1.1
    >spec, 5.4.1)
    >
    >I opened the BaseTag class from the struts jar and found the setter exists
    >for
    >the attribute 'server' of html tld. So does the property 'server'. The
    >property
    >'server' is a string and the parameter in the setter is a string. I read
    >about
    >the jspc errors in wls 8.1 about the setter parameter being of different
    >type
    >than the property. However, that is not the case here. I tried using
    >both Sun's
    >and BEA's jdk. None of them help. Btw, there is another attribute mentioned
    >in
    >the html tld, which is 'target'. The compiler doesn't complain yet about
    >this.
    >Also, I happened to compile other apps which have struts logic tags.
    >

    >My environment:
    >OS: Win2k sp3
    >WLS: 8.1 sp2
    >JDK: Sun's 1.4.2 sp4 / Bea's 1.4.1 sp5 (tried both)
    >Ant: 1.5.3 (I had an issue earlier with ant until I found that Bea officially
    >without any mention supports only ant 1.5.3.)
    >
    >I would appreciate any help in this regard.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Abbas

  3. RE: Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    Abbas, did you ever resolve this? I'm seeing a similar problem using weblogic.jspc (7.0sp2) and JDK 1.4.2_04.

  4. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    does anyone fix this problem, I'm facing same situation ..
    Please help

    Thanks

  5. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    I am having the problem now too..

  6. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    Bea is using internally java beans api (Introspector)
    to get the properties of a bean (a tag).
    Struts tags are organized in hierarchy. In my test I couldn't get with introspector the property cdata for ELJavascriptValidatorTag because the property is defined on superclass JavascriptValidatorTag and the compiler said:
    in:/layout/popupLayout.jsp] (line 6): Error in using tag library uri='/WEB-INF/struts-html-el.tld' prefix='html-el': The Tag class 'org.apache.strutsel.taglib.html.ELJavascriptValid atorTag' has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'cdata', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)

  7. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    We are using struts (version 1.2.4) with wls 8.1sp2 without any problems. Your problem is almost certainly a class-loading problem. We put the struts.jar in APP-INF/lib. Make sure that you do not have struts in your classpath.

  8. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    I am using weblogic 8.1 SP3 and struts v1.2 . I have the same problem .

    /Login.jsp(6): Error in using tag library uri='/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld' prefix='html': The Tag class 'org.apache.struts.taglib.html.JavascriptValidator Tag' has no setter method corresponding to TLD declared attribute 'cdata', (JSP 1.1 spec, 5.4.1)
    probably occurred due to an error in /Login.jsp line 6:
    <%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" prefix="html" %>

    This seems to be a very common problem !. If anybody finds a solution to this, please post it here.
    Thanx in advance.

    - Suman

  9. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    Hello

    I'm having the same (common?) problem. Has somebody now a solution?

  10. Smile Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    We were also facing the same problem.
    The solution to this is to use correct version of the.tld file.

    Compare the file
    /WEB-INF/struts-html.tld
    and the file present in struts.jar \META-INF\tlds\struts-html.tld

    There must be some differences between these 2 files.

  11. Re: wls 8.1 sp2: weblogic.jspc complains about struts-html tags

    Hi Ducks as they say leave the best for last and this one has been the star of the show ha ha ha ha ha

+ Reply to Thread