JSTL not working - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSTL not working - Weblogic ; Hi, I am trying to use a simple JSP with JSTL. I am using WL8.1 SP2 on win2k. I added the JSTL libs to my WEB-INF\lib directory. I put the JSP attribute in my jsp page as follows: I get ...

  1. JSTL not working

    Hi,

    I am trying to use a simple JSP with JSTL. I am using WL8.1 SP2 on win2k. I added the JSTL libs to my WEB-INF\lib directory.

    I put the JSP attribute in my jsp page as follows:

    <%@taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"%>

    I get the following compilation or runtime error: /SFPMJavaToComResults.jsp(2): Could not parse deployment descriptor: java.io.IOException: cannot resolve 'http://java.sun.com/jstl/core' into a valid tag library
    probably occurred due to an error in /SFPMJavaToComResults.jsp line 2:
    <%@taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"%>

    I then tried adding the following to my web.xml, didn't help much at all.

    http://java.sun.com/jstl/core

    /WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar

    If I take the @tablib directive out of my JSP, it compiles fine but ignores my one JSTL EL line...
    ut value="${request['User-Auth']}" default="unknown"/>

    Any ideas on this? thanks

  2. Re: JSTL not working

    The entry in your web.xml is incorrect. It should reference the tld file.
    For example:

    http://java.sun.com/jstl/c
    /WEB-INF/c.tld

    Also, ensure that the jar file is in your lib folder (/WEB-INF/lib) and the
    tld file in the WEB-INF folder.

    Try again and good luck

    Geo

    "Rob A." wrote in message news:40155a11$1@newsgroups.bea.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to use a simple JSP with JSTL. I am using WL8.1 SP2 on win2k.

    I added the JSTL libs to my WEB-INF\lib directory.

    > I put the JSP attribute in my jsp page as follows:
    >
    > <%@taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"%>
    >
    > I get the following compilation or runtime error:

    /SFPMJavaToComResults.jsp(2): Could not parse deployment descriptor:
    java.io.IOException: cannot resolve 'http://java.sun.com/jstl/core' into a
    valid tag library
    > probably occurred due to an error in /SFPMJavaToComResults.jsp line 2:
    > <%@taglib prefix="c" uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core"%>
    >
    > I then tried adding the following to my web.xml, didn't help much at all.
    >

    > http://java.sun.com/jstl/core
    >
    > /WEB-INF/lib/standard.jar
    >

    > If I take the @tablib directive out of my JSP, it compiles fine but

    ignores my one JSTL EL line...
    > ut value="${request['User-Auth']}" default="unknown"/>
    >
    > Any ideas on this? thanks

+ Reply to Thread