netui - Weblogic

This is a discussion on netui - Weblogic ; Hi All I am working on weblogic 8.1.I am using weblogic struts.I have some problem. Problem 1: I have a drop down list.It says that values and the text for it is as follows 1->India 2->Pak 3->England 4->Aus Now say ...

  1. netui

    Hi All
    I am working on weblogic 8.1.I am using weblogic struts.I have some problem.
    Problem 1:
    I have a drop down list.It says that values and the text for it is as follows
    1->India
    2->Pak
    3->England
    4->Aus
    Now say user selected Aus whose value is basically 4.now when that guy submitting
    the form in the drop down the drop down option value is showing in place of text.
    i.e now in the drop down it is showing 5 fileds e.g India,Pak,England,Aus and
    4 what I seleted basically.But I don't want the value of the option I want its
    text to be selected there.
    Problem 2:
    I have a form which I am using for creation and updation.I want to give some defaultValue
    to a perticular textBox.I tested I can put some default value say
    I want to put "sougata" then if I use
    styleClass="textfield"/>
    its working fine.
    but if I use
    String fname="sougata";
    size="30"/>
    its an error.

    Pls help me on this matter

    Thanks
    Sougata

  2. Re: netui

    Hi Eddie
    thanks for ur reply.Here is my jsp code

    <%
    Iterator iterator=aoss.keySet().iterator();
    String key="";
    String value="";
    while(iterator.hasNext())
    & amp; nbsp; {
    key=(String)iterator.next();
    value=(String)aoss.get(key);
    %>

    &n bsp;& nbsp; <%
    }
    %>

    here aoss is a Hashtable

    Thanks

    Sougata

    "sougata" wrote:

    >Hi All
    >I am working on weblogic 8.1.I am using weblogic struts.I have some problem.
    >Problem 1:
    >I have a drop down list.It says that values and the text for it is as
    >follows
    >1->India
    >2->Pak
    >3->England
    >4->Aus
    >Now say user selected Aus whose value is basically 4.now when that guy
    >submitting
    >the form in the drop down the drop down option value is showing in place
    >of text.
    >i.e now in the drop down it is showing 5 fileds e.g India,Pak,England,Aus
    >and
    >4 what I seleted basically.But I don't want the value of the option I
    >want its
    >text to be selected there.
    >Problem 2:
    >I have a form which I am using for creation and updation.I want to give
    >some defaultValue
    >to a perticular textBox.I tested I can put some default value say
    >I want to put "sougata" then if I use
    > >size="30"
    >styleClass="textfield"/>
    >its working fine.
    >but if I use
    >String fname="sougata";
    > >size="30"/>
    >its an error.
    >
    >Pls help me on this matter
    >
    >Thanks
    >Sougata

  3. Re: netui

    I think your problem goes away by just specifying the optionsDataSource attribute:

    dataSource="{actionForm.AOS}"
    optionsDataSource="aoss"
    styleClass="selectlist"
    />