JSP compile error output - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP compile error output - Weblogic ; I would like to change the output of the JSP compiler errors. I'm writting a JSP programming course where the student is allowed to enter JSP code online. When they execute the code they will of course get compile errors. ...

  1. JSP compile error output

    I would like to change the output of the JSP compiler errors. I'm writting a JSP
    programming course where the student is allowed to enter JSP code online. When
    they execute the code they will of course get compile errors. I would like to
    add a link to the JSP compile error output that will take them back to their code.
    I'm using a WebLogic 8.1 server. Any ideas?

  2. Re: JSP compile error output

    Scott> I would like to change the output of the JSP compiler errors. I'm writting a JSP
    Scott> programming course where the student is allowed to enter JSP code online. When
    Scott> they execute the code they will of course get compile errors. I would like to
    Scott> add a link to the JSP compile error output that will take them back to their code.
    Scott> I'm using a WebLogic 8.1 server. Any ideas?

    I would imagine any of the IDEs that have integrated debugging of JSPs would
    also have support for direct access to lines in JSPs that have compile errors.
    I would guess that either Eclipse, NetBeans, or JBuilder would do something
    like this.

    David M. Karr ; Java/J2EE/XML/Unix/C++
    dmkarr@earthlink.net ; SCJP; SCWCD; SCBCD

+ Reply to Thread