JSP & Weblogic - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP & Weblogic - Weblogic ; Hi all, I would appreciate any help. I need an example of the steps to build a jsp web application. I have a directory structure with htmls and jsps. I understand you need to make a folder called WEB-INF and ...

  1. JSP & Weblogic

    Hi all,

    I would appreciate any help. I need an example of the steps to build a jsp
    web application.

    I have a directory structure with htmls and jsps. I understand you need to
    make a folder called WEB-INF and stick 2 files in web.xml & weblogic.xml.
    What I don't have is a template to work from (I don't know what to put in
    it. Maybe it is possible to stick the jsp/html in a folder and not compile
    it into a war or an ear file?

    Any help will be appreciated, I have to deliver by monday night.

    Thanks

    Yoz

  2. Re: JSP & Weblogic

    Copy jsp & html files to the DefaultWebApp directory.
    Run the jsp in the browser with url.
    http://localhost:7001/jsp_file.jsp

    Request the html file in the browser with the url:
    http://localhost:7001/html_file.html

    To create a web application refer to
    http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/weba...cs.html#100368

    thanks,

    Deepak

    "yoz" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >I would appreciate any help. I need an example of the steps to build
    >a jsp
    >web application.
    >
    >I have a directory structure with htmls and jsps. I understand you need
    >make a folder called WEB-INF and stick 2 files in web.xml & weblogic.xml.
    >What I don't have is a template to work from (I don't know what to put
    >in
    >it. Maybe it is possible to stick the jsp/html in a folder and not compile
    >it into a war or an ear file?
    >
    >Any help will be appreciated, I have to deliver by monday night.
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Yoz

  3. Re: JSP & Weblogic

    Thanks,

    I had no luck putting the directory but it gave me the idea of looking in
    the sample and I found 2 simple web and weblogic xml files. Sorry to be such
    a begginer. Is there anything I should know when doing jsp? I can see from
    BEA website that you put all of your jars in WEB-INF/lib. Do I have to do
    this even if the jar are loaded by the weblogic?

    Thanks Again

    Yoz

    PS: Funny how those things are simple when you know were to look....

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote in message

    > Copy jsp & html files to the DefaultWebApp directory.
    > Run the jsp in the browser with url.
    > http://localhost:7001/jsp_file.jsp
    >
    > Request the html file in the browser with the url:
    > http://localhost:7001/html_file.html
    >
    > To create a web application refer to
    > http://edocs.bea.com/wls/docs70/weba...cs.html#100368
    >
    > thanks,
    >
    > Deepak
    >
    > "yoz" wrote:
    > >Hi all,
    > >
    > >I would appreciate any help. I need an example of the steps to build
    > >a jsp
    > >web application.
    > >
    > >I have a directory structure with htmls and jsps. I understand you need
    > >make a folder called WEB-INF and stick 2 files in web.xml & weblogic.xml.
    > >What I don't have is a template to work from (I don't know what to put
    > >in
    > >it. Maybe it is possible to stick the jsp/html in a folder and not

    compile
    > >it into a war or an ear file?
    > >
    > >Any help will be appreciated, I have to deliver by monday night.
    > >
    > >Thanks
    > >
    > >Yoz

  4. Re: JSP & Weblogic

    The applications/DefaultWebApp directory gets generated when a WLS Domain is created.
    A WLS domain may be created with the Domai Configuration Wizard.

+ Reply to Thread