JSP to excel error - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSP to excel error - Weblogic ; Hi, I am sending the data from jsp to excel. When I try to open the saved excel file,excel pops up the error message saying HTML Import Errors Problems came up in the following areas during load Cell data too ...

  1. JSP to excel error

    Hi,
    I am sending the data from jsp to excel. When I try to open the saved excel file,excel
    pops up the error message saying

    HTML Import Errors
    Problems came up in the following areas during load
    Cell data too large

    And then the file opens with all the data messed up.

    How do I fix this issue?
    Thanks

  2. Re: JSP to excel error

    I know this is a basic/stupid question (sorry) but do you have a properly
    formatted html file? Can you open it up in IE? Even if you can, you have
    to be careful, IE is very forgiving in it's HTML parser. It'll accept the
    html even if you have missing , or tags.

    Maybe something a bit more realistic, is the html using the encoded values
    for "<" and ">"? Or can you actually see the "<" and ">" in the html file?
    Is the file generated programmatically? What happens if you try to generate
    an ubber simplistic html file via the same mechanism (a table of say a three
    by four matrix of "123"), does that pop up in XL ok? If that works, but
    your original one doesn't, I would say your other one is generating data in
    the html file that's causing XL to run away with the cell contents (hence
    the cell data too long error).

    Good luck.

    "WD" wrote in message

    > Hi,
    > I am sending the data from jsp to excel. When I try to open the saved

    excel file,excel
    > pops up the error message saying
    >
    > HTML Import Errors
    > Problems came up in the following areas during load
    > Cell data too large
    >

    > And then the file opens with all the data messed up.
    >
    > How do I fix this issue?
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread