Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1 - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1 - Weblogic ; I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running into an issue with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated with them that are used to define fields in the JSP page ...

  1. Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running into an
    issue
    with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated with them that
    are
    used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These fields are
    then
    referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the compiler
    reports that
    it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined in the TEI
    and the
    JSP therefore fails to compile.

    Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about what needs
    to be
    done to make it work?

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Regards,

    David Roytenberg

  2. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    David Roytenberg wrote:

    > I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running into an
    > issue
    > with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated with them that
    > are
    > used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These fields are
    > then
    > referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the compiler
    > reports that
    > it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined in the TEI
    > and the
    > JSP therefore fails to compile.
    >
    > Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about what needs
    > to be
    > done to make it work?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > David Roytenberg

    Can you post the fields/symbols in question.

  3. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    You may want to check your jsp servlet specification in your tld file.
    They change tei-class to teiclass, something like that. Crazy ...

    I had even worse problem, all the scripting variable declared with VariableInfo.AT_END
    does not work at all.

    public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData data)
    {
    System.out.println("variableAtEnd does not work");
    return new VariableInfo[]
    {
    new VariableInfo(
    "variableAtEnd",
    "java.lang.String",
    true,
    VariableInfo.AT_END)
    };
    }

    Any one found a fix/experience for this ?

    "David Roytenberg" wrote:

    >I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running
    >into an
    >issue
    >with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated with
    >them that
    >are
    >used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These
    >fields are
    >then
    >referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the
    >compiler
    >reports that
    >it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined in
    >the TEI
    >and the
    >JSP therefore fails to compile.
    >
    >Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about
    >what needs
    >to be
    >done to make it work?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    >Regards,
    >
    >David Roytenberg

  4. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    HI Nagesh,

    Thanks for your reply. Here is the info you requested:

    The TEI class looks like this:

    import javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.*;

    public class LoginTEI extends TagExtraInfo
    {

    public LoginTEI()
    {
    }

    public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData tagdata)
    {
    VariableInfo variableinfo = new VariableInfo(tagdata.getAttributeString

    ("id"), "com.actuate.reportcast.tags.common.LoginTag", true, VariableInfo.AT_BEGIN);
    VariableInfo variableinfo1 = new VariableInfo
    ("userMap", "com.actuate.reportcast.utils.UserMap", true, VariableInfo.AT_END);
    VariableInfo variableinfo2 = new VariableInfo
    ("errorLogin", "com.actuate.reportcast.dstruct.ErrorObject",
    true,
    VariableInfo.AT_END);
    VariableInfo avariableinfo[] = {
    variableinfo, variableinfo1, variableinfo2
    };
    return avariableinfo;
    }
    }

    Here is an excerpt from the JSP that won't compile. Note that
    the reference to errorLogin generates an error from the JSP Compiler.

    // Retrieve any available parameters from the url.
    String sAuthID = null;
    String sDesignation = null;
    String sLoginID = paramBean.getParameter("userID");
    String sPassword = paramBean.getParameter("password");

    // --Start Portlet support
    String sPrefix = paramBean.getParameter("pfx");
    if ( sPrefix != null )
    {
    HttpSession httpsession = request.getSession();
    sLoginID = (String)(httpsession.getAttribute(sPrefix+"userID"));
    sPassword = (String)(httpsession.getAttribute(sPrefix+"password"));
    }
    // --End Portlet support

    String sVolume = paramBean.getParameter("volume");
    String sServer = paramBean.getParameter("server");
    String sServerURL = paramBean.getParameter("serverURL");
    String sSystemName = paramBean.getParameter("systemName");
    String sDaemonURL = paramBean.getParameter("daemonURL");
    boolean bForceLogin = (new Boolean(paramBean.getNonNullParameter("forceLogin"))).booleanValue();
    String sUserHomeFolder = null;
    UserMap userMapObj = null;
    // HANDLE LOCALES IN THIS BLOCK HERE
    LocaleManager lm = LocaleManager.instance();
    TimeZoneManager tzm = TimeZoneManager.instance();

    if (sLoginID != null)
    {
    bForceLogin = true;
    }

    %>
    server="<%= sServer %>" force="<%= bForceLogin %>"/>

    <%

    if (errorLogin != null)
    {
    //redirect the browser back to the login page
    String sErrorCode = errorLogin.getErrorCode();
    response.sendRedirect(StaticFuncs.resolveURL(reque st, "/login.jsp") +
    paramBean.createQueryString() + "&errorMessage=" + StaticFuncs.encode(errorLogin.getMessage())
    + "&errorcode=" + sErrorCode);
    return;
    }

    The compiler's response to the snippet of code above is

    [java] /export/home/roytenbd01/build/CR/actuate/acweb/war/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/__authenticate.java:272:
    cannot resolve symbol
    [java] symbol : variable errorLogin
    [java] location: class jsp_servlet.__authenticate
    [java] if (errorLogin != null) //[ /authenticate.jsp; Line: 99]
    [java] ^
    [java] /export/home/roytenbd01/build/CR/actuate/acweb/war/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/__authenticate.java:275:
    cannot resolve symbol
    [java] symbol : variable errorLogin
    [java] location: class jsp_servlet.__authenticate
    [java] String sErrorCode = errorLogin.getErrorCode(); //[ /authenticate.jsp;
    Line: 102]
    [java] ^
    [java] /export/home/roytenbd01/build/CR/actuate/acweb/war/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/__authenticate.java:276:
    cannot resolve symbol
    [java] symbol : variable errorLogin
    [java] location: class jsp_servlet.__authenticate
    [java] response.sendRedirect(StaticFuncs.resolveURL(reque st, "/login.jsp")
    + paramBean.createQueryString() + "&errorMessage=" + StaticFuncs.encode(errorLogin.getMessage())
    + "&errorcode=" + sErrorCode); //[ /authenticate.jsp; Line: 103]
    [java]

    Any ideas?????????????

    Regards,

    David Roytenberg

    Nagesh Susarla wrote:
    >David Roytenberg wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running

    >into an
    >> issue
    >> with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated

    >with them that
    >> are
    >> used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These

    >fields are
    >> then
    >> referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the

    >compiler
    >> reports that
    >> it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined

    >in the TEI
    >> and the
    >> JSP therefore fails to compile.
    >>
    >> Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about

    >what needs
    >> to be
    >> done to make it work?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for your help.
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> David Roytenberg

    >Can you post the fields/symbols in question.

  5. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    Just replied in the other thread. that this is a bug in 8.1 please contact
    weblogic support for a patch

    --
    Nagesh
    "michael permana" wrote in message

    > You may want to check your jsp servlet specification in your tld file.
    > They change tei-class to teiclass, something like that. Crazy ...
    >
    > I had even worse problem, all the scripting variable declared with

    VariableInfo.AT_END
    > does not work at all.
    >
    > public VariableInfo[] getVariableInfo(TagData data)
    > {
    > System.out.println("variableAtEnd does not work");
    > return new VariableInfo[]
    > {
    > new VariableInfo(
    > "variableAtEnd",
    > "java.lang.String",
    > true,
    > VariableInfo.AT_END)
    > };
    > }
    >
    > Any one found a fix/experience for this ?
    >
    > "David Roytenberg" wrote:
    > >
    > >I am trying to migrate a web application from 6.1 to 8.1 and am running
    > >into an
    > >issue
    > >with custom tag libraries. These tags have TEI classes associated with
    > >them that
    > >are
    > >used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These
    > >fields are
    > >then
    > >referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the
    > >compiler
    > >reports that
    > >it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined in
    > >the TEI
    > >and the
    > >JSP therefore fails to compile.
    > >
    > >Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about
    > >what needs
    > >to be
    > >done to make it work?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance for your help.
    > >
    > >Regards,
    > >
    > >David Roytenberg

  6. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    Ahhh.... This is a bug in 8.1. Unfortunately AT_END attributes are not
    being declared in the generated java file. Please contact support@bea.com
    and ask for a patch for this issue.
    --
    Nagesh

    "David Roytenberg" wrote in message

> [...]

    > >with them that
    > >> are
    > >> used to define fields in the JSP page where the tags are used. These

    > >fields are
    > >> then
    > >> referenced in the JSP. The JSP compiles fine in 6.1 but in 8.1 the

    > >compiler
    > >> reports that
    > >> it is unable to recognize the symbol for the various fields defined

    > >in the TEI
    > >> and the
    > >> JSP therefore fails to compile.
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds or ideas about

    > >what needs
    > >> to be
    > >> done to make it work?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance for your help.
    > >>
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> David Roytenberg

    > >Can you post the fields/symbols in question.

  7. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    I requested the patch. To your knowledge does it exist or
    is BEA still working on it?

    Regards,

    David

    "Nagesh Susarla" wrote:
> [...]

    >> [java] response.sendRedirect(StaticFuncs.resolveURL(reque st,

    >"/login.jsp")
    >> + paramBean.createQueryString() + "&errorMessage=" +

    >StaticFuncs.encode(errorLogin.getMessage())
    >> + "&errorcode=" + sErrorCode); //[ /authenticate.jsp; Line: 103]
    >> [java]
    >>

    >> Any ideas?????????????
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> David Roytenberg
    >>

    >> Nagesh Susarla wrote:

    >running
    >> >into an
    >> >with them that

    >These
    >> >fields are

    >the
    >> >compiler
    >> >in the TEI

    >about
    >> >what needs

    >> >Can you post the fields/symbols in question.

  8. Re: Tag Extra Info Classes not recongnized on 8.1

    There's already a patch available i believe.. (i cant find the CR rightnow)
    but im sure WebLogic support will help you out.

> [...]

    > >> [java] symbol : variable errorLogin
    > >> [java] location: class jsp_servlet.__authenticate
    > >> [java] String sErrorCode = errorLogin.getErrorCode();

    > >//[
    > >/authenticate.jsp;
    > >> Line: 102]
    > >> [java] ^
    > >> [java]

    >/export/home/roytenbd01/build/CR/actuate/acweb/war/WEB-INF/classes/jsp_serv

    > >et/__authenticate.java:276:
    > >> cannot resolve symbol
    > >> [java] symbol : variable errorLogin
    > >> [java] location: class jsp_servlet.__authenticate
    > >> [java]

    response.sendRedirect(StaticFuncs.resolveURL(reque st,
    > >"/login.jsp")
    > >> + paramBean.createQueryString() + "&errorMessage=" +

    > >StaticFuncs.encode(errorLogin.getMessage())
    > >> + "&errorcode=" + sErrorCode); //[ /authenticate.jsp; Line: 103]

+ Reply to Thread