wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag - Weblogic

This is a discussion on wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag - Weblogic ; My jsp use Struts' custom tag to define some JSP level variabls. They work fine on wl 6.1, 7.0. However, when I migrate to wl 8.1 platform (sp2), wl 8.1 will throw JSP compilation error, saying those variables defined with ...

  1. wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag

    My jsp use Struts' custom tag to define some JSP level variabls.
    They work fine on wl 6.1, 7.0. However, when I migrate to wl 8.1 platform (sp2),
    wl 8.1 will throw JSP compilation error, saying those variables defined with
    "cannot resolve the symbol".

    Some details here:
    1. In the web.xml, the tag lib is defined as follows:

    /struts-bean.tld
    /WEB-INF/lib/struts-bean.tld

    And the tld file is in /WEB-INF/lib

    2. In the JSP, the code is:
    <%@ taglib uri="/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

    <%=titleKey%>"/>

    The last line will cause jsp compilation error.

    Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is this a wl8.1 bug?

    Thank you.

    Bill

  2. Re: wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag

    Bill Zhao wrote:

    > My jsp use Struts' custom tag to define some JSP level variabls.
    > They work fine on wl 6.1, 7.0. However, when I migrate to wl 8.1 platform (sp2),
    > wl 8.1 will throw JSP compilation error, saying those variables defined with
    > "cannot resolve the symbol".
    >
    > Some details here:
    > 1. In the web.xml, the tag lib is defined as follows:
    >
    > /struts-bean.tld
    > /WEB-INF/lib/struts-bean.tld
    >

    > And the tld file is in /WEB-INF/lib
    >
    > 2. In the JSP, the code is:
    > ..
    > <%@ taglib uri="/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>
    > ..
    >
    > ..
    > <%=titleKey%>"/>
    >
    > The last line will cause jsp compilation error.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is this a wl8.1 bug?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Bill

    Please contact customer support : support@bea.com requesting for patch
    for this issue.
    --Nagesh

  3. Re: wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag

    From: "Michelle Baxter"
    Sender: "Michelle Baxter"
    Subject: Re: wl 8.1 platform does not recognize tag
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.jsp
    Date: 22 Aug 2003 12:38:27 -0700

    I had the exact same problem after we installed sp1 to WLS 8.1. I found a work
    around by "pretending" the tag may have a body. Try changing your ..... /> to . I have reported the problem to
    customer service but I am uncertain they will be able to help me. My development
    is on an internal system that doesn't have internet connectivity, and I cannot
    release my source, even to BEA support.

    "Bill Zhao" wrote:

    >My jsp use Struts' custom tag to define some JSP level
    >variabls.
    >They work fine on wl 6.1, 7.0. However, when I migrate to wl 8.1 platform
    >(sp2),
    >wl 8.1 will throw JSP compilation error, saying those variables defined
    >with
    >"cannot resolve the symbol".
    >
    >Some details here:
    >1. In the web.xml, the tag lib is defined as follows:
    >
    > /struts-bean.tld
    > /WEB-INF/lib/struts-bean.tld
    >

    >And the tld file is in /WEB-INF/lib
    >
    >2. In the JSP, the code is:
    ><%@ taglib uri="/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

    > <%=titleKey%>"/>
    >
    >The last line will cause jsp compilation error.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is this a wl8.1 bug?
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Bill

  4. Re: wl 8.1 platform does not recognize <bean:define> tag

    From: "Michelle Baxter"
    Sender: "Michelle Baxter"
    Newsgroups: weblogic.developer.interest.jsp
    Date: 22 Aug 2003 12:38:49 -0700

    "Bill Zhao" wrote:

    >My jsp use Struts' custom tag to define some JSP level
    >variabls.
    >They work fine on wl 6.1, 7.0. However, when I migrate to wl 8.1 platform
    >(sp2),
    >wl 8.1 will throw JSP compilation error, saying those variables defined
    >with
    >"cannot resolve the symbol".
    >
    >Some details here:
    >1. In the web.xml, the tag lib is defined as follows:
    >
    > /struts-bean.tld
    > /WEB-INF/lib/struts-bean.tld
    >

    >And the tld file is in /WEB-INF/lib
    >
    >2. In the JSP, the code is:
    ><%@ taglib uri="/struts-bean.tld" prefix="bean" %>

    > <%=titleKey%>"/>
    >
    >The last line will cause jsp compilation error.
    >
    >Can anyone tell me what is wrong? Is this a wl8.1 bug?
    >
    >Thank you.
    >
    >Bill

+ Reply to Thread