Re: JSP file recompiles all the time. - Weblogic

This is a discussion on Re: JSP file recompiles all the time. - Weblogic ; I have the same problem, my workingDir is not under weblogic root. I have a war file and I am not using exploded directory format. Is this a problem? doc says that weblogic precompiles only the changed JSPs. does this ...

  1. Re: JSP file recompiles all the time.

    I have the same problem, my workingDir is not under weblogic root. I have a
    war file and I am not using exploded directory format. Is this a problem?
    doc says that weblogic precompiles only the changed JSPs. does this hold
    true for exploded directory format and not war?

    Keyur

    "frankie" wrote in message

    > Has anyone ever had a case where only one of their jsp files was trying to

    recompile
    > all the time? Even though I have my pagecheckseconds set to 1, I still get

    one
    > of my files recompiling everytime it is hit...Can someone explain.
    >
    > Franko

  2. Re: JSP file recompiles all the time.

    1. In your war file, make sure all the precompiled JSPs go under WEB-INF/classes
    in the same package structure that WebLogic generates.

    2. Make sure you run jspc with *exactly* the same weblogic.jar and patches that
    WebLogic runs with.

    3. Make sure you're on 6.1 SP3+

    and all will work fine. We precompile on NT and deploy war file on Solaris, and
    it works a treat.

    I don't ever change workingDir, due to the difficulties of finding a path that's
    good for every developer's PC + Solaris box.

    simon.

    "Keyur Bhagat" wrote:
    >I have the same problem, my workingDir is not under weblogic root. I
    >have a
    >war file and I am not using exploded directory format. Is this a problem?
    >doc says that weblogic precompiles only the changed JSPs. does this hold
    >true for exploded directory format and not war?
    >
    >Keyur
    >
    >"frankie" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Has anyone ever had a case where only one of their jsp files was trying

    >recompile
    >> all the time? Even though I have my pagecheckseconds set to 1, I still

    >get
    >one
    >> of my files recompiling everytime it is hit...Can someone explain.
    >>
    >> Franko

  3. Re: JSP file recompiles all the time.

    I am Weblogic 7, I did excactly what simon suggested,but ....

    I put precompiled JSPs in WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet/***
    when weblogic 7 loads my war file it creates a directory under
    "mydomain"/"myserver"/.wldonotdelete/mywar_****
    in this directory it crates
    /jarfiles - makes a jar file out of classes that I put under web-inf/classes
    /public
    /jsp_servlet and puts compiled jsps in this dir that it compiled

    how do I get it to use my precompiled JSPs which are located under
    WEB-INF/classes?

    Keyur

    "Simon Spruzen" wrote in message

    > 1. In your war file, make sure all the precompiled JSPs go under

    WEB-INF/classes
    > in the same package structure that WebLogic generates.
    >
    > 2. Make sure you run jspc with *exactly* the same weblogic.jar and patches

    that
    > WebLogic runs with.
    >
    > 3. Make sure you're on 6.1 SP3+
    >
    > and all will work fine. We precompile on NT and deploy war file on

    Solaris, and
    > it works a treat.
    >

    > I don't ever change workingDir, due to the difficulties of finding a path

    that's
    > good for every developer's PC + Solaris box.
    >
    > simon.
    >

    > "Keyur Bhagat" wrote:
    > >I have the same problem, my workingDir is not under weblogic root. I
    > >have a
    > >war file and I am not using exploded directory format. Is this a problem?
    > >doc says that weblogic precompiles only the changed JSPs. does this hold
    > >true for exploded directory format and not war?
    > >
    > >Keyur
    > >
    > >"frankie" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Has anyone ever had a case where only one of their jsp files was trying

    > >recompile
    > >> all the time? Even though I have my pagecheckseconds set to 1, I still

    > >get
    > >one
    > >> of my files recompiling everytime it is hit...Can someone explain.
    > >>
    > >> Franko

+ Reply to Thread