JSTL c:import tag compilation error - Weblogic

This is a discussion on JSTL c:import tag compilation error - Weblogic ; Hi, I am getting a problem on Windows Weblogic 8.1 SP1, this one is different to the one previously described as it is a problem in the jsp compiler converting the jsp to a .java file and missing off the ...

  1. JSTL c:import tag compilation error

    Hi,
    I am getting a problem on Windows Weblogic 8.1 SP1, this one is different to the one previously described as it is a problem in the jsp compiler converting the jsp to a .java file and missing off the catches to try blocks. Curiously I don't think this happens on the solaris version of Weblogic 8.1 SP1. The output in the window is:
    C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\.\myserver\. wlnotdelete\extract\myserver_cancun_cancun\jsp_ser vlet\_web_45_inf\_jsp\_dossierworkbench\__frame_45 _lhs.java:278: 'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
    probably occurred due to an error

    Does any one know if this is a known issue with the current implementation of weblogic on windows?

    Any help would be appreciated

  2. Re: JSTL c:import tag compilation error

    Compile jsp with the -keepgenerated option.

    Andrew Dunn wrote:
    >Hi,
    >I am getting a problem on Windows Weblogic 8.1 SP1, this one is different
    >to the one previously described as it is a problem in the jsp compiler
    >converting the jsp to a .java file and missing off the catches to try
    >blocks. Curiously I don't think this happens on the solaris version
    >of Weblogic 8.1 SP1. The output in the window is:
    >C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\.\myserver\. wlnotdelete\extract\myserver_cancun_cancun\jsp_ser vlet\_web_45_inf\_jsp\_dossierworkbench\__frame_45 _lhs.java:278:
    >'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
    >probably occurred due to an error
    >

    >Does any one know if this is a known issue with the current implementation
    >of weblogic on windows?
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated

  3. Re: JSTL c:import tag compilation error

    I'm getting the same error. The workaround is to use open and close
    tags for the c:import...

    instead of

    but I don't consider that an acceptable solution. The problem is the
    JSP compiler doesn't seem to want to create the catch or finally
    blocks for a TryCatchFinally tag unless you do the open/close tag
    thing I showed above. This is definitely a bug in Weblogic 8.1 since
    the same page is currently working fine in Weblogic 7.0 and JBoss 3.x.

    dave

    "Deepak Vohra" wrote in message news:<3f32407e@newsgroups.bea.com>...
    > Compile jsp with the -keepgenerated option.
    >
    > Andrew Dunn wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >I am getting a problem on Windows Weblogic 8.1 SP1, this one is different
    > >to the one previously described as it is a problem in the jsp compiler
    > >converting the jsp to a .java file and missing off the catches to try
    > >blocks. Curiously I don't think this happens on the solaris version
    > >of Weblogic 8.1 SP1. The output in the window is:
    > >C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\.\myserver\. wlnotdelete\extract\myserver_cancun_cancun\jsp_ser vlet\_web_45_inf\_jsp\_dossierworkbench\__frame_45 _lhs.java:278:
    > >'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
    > >probably occurred due to an error
    > >

    > >Does any one know if this is a known issue with the current implementation
    > >of weblogic on windows?
    > >
    > >Any help would be appreciated

  4. Re: JSTL c:import tag compilation error

    David wrote:
    > I'm getting the same error. The workaround is to use open and close
    > tags for the c:import...
    >

    > instead of
    >

    > but I don't consider that an acceptable solution. The problem is the
    > JSP compiler doesn't seem to want to create the catch or finally
    > blocks for a TryCatchFinally tag unless you do the open/close tag
    > thing I showed above. This is definitely a bug in Weblogic 8.1 since
    > the same page is currently working fine in Weblogic 7.0 and JBoss 3.x.
    >
    > dave

    You're correct. this is a indeed a bug in 8.1 sp1 so
    please contact customer support and request for a patch to CR112789
    --
    Nagesh

    > "Deepak Vohra" wrote in message news:<3f32407e@newsgroups.bea.com>...
    >
    >>Compile jsp with the -keepgenerated option.
    >>
    >>Andrew Dunn wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>I am getting a problem on Windows Weblogic 8.1 SP1, this one is different
    >>>to the one previously described as it is a problem in the jsp compiler
    >>>converting the jsp to a .java file and missing off the catches to try
    >>>blocks. Curiously I don't think this happens on the solaris version
    >>>of Weblogic 8.1 SP1. The output in the window is:
    >>>C:\bea\user_projects\domains\mydomain\.\myserver\. wlnotdelete\extract\myserver_cancun_cancun\jsp_ser vlet\_web_45_inf\_jsp\_dossierworkbench\__frame_45 _lhs.java:278:
    >>>'try' without 'catch' or 'finally'
    >>>probably occurred due to an error
    >>>

    >>>Does any one know if this is a known issue with the current implementation
    >>>of weblogic on windows?
    >>>
    >>>Any help would be appreciated

+ Reply to Thread