jsp_servlet directory - easy question - Weblogic

This is a discussion on jsp_servlet directory - easy question - Weblogic ; When deploying as a WAR, where should the jsp_servlet directory containing the compiled jsp's be? I've heard two different things: 1) WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet 2) WEB-INF/jsp_servlet Which is better? Does anybody have a link to BEA docs regarding best practices in this ...

  1. jsp_servlet directory - easy question

    When deploying as a WAR, where should the jsp_servlet directory containing the
    compiled jsp's be? I've heard two different things:
    1) WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet
    2) WEB-INF/jsp_servlet

    Which is better? Does anybody have a link to BEA docs regarding best practices
    in this regard?

    thanks alot

  2. Re: jsp_servlet directory - easy question

    Hi Chris,

    The 'jsp_servlet' directory will be created under the 'WeblogicHome/server/bin/myserver/.wlnotdelete/warfilename'
    directory. All the class files of the compiled jsp's will be under the 'jsp_servlet'
    directory.
    We can also even change the default directory 'jsp_servlet' to user defined by
    specfying it in the weblogic.xml as follows,

    precompile
    true

    keepgenerated
    true

    packagePrefix
    jsp_servlet1

    Now the all the compiled files will be stored under the directory 'jsp_servlet1'.

    Regards,
    Muthu.

    "Chris" wrote:

    >When deploying as a WAR, where should the jsp_servlet directory containing
    >the
    >compiled jsp's be? I've heard two different things:
    >1) WEB-INF/classes/jsp_servlet
    >2) WEB-INF/jsp_servlet
    >
    >Which is better? Does anybody have a link to BEA docs regarding best
    >practices
    >in this regard?
    >
    >thanks alot

+ Reply to Thread