Hi,

I'm porting web app from wls5.1 to wls8.1. The app uses a number of JSPs containing
custom tags. I am getting a compilation time error for one of these JSPs, which
boils down to:

cannot resolve symbol
symbol : variable EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED
location: interface javax.servlet.jsp.tagext.BodyTag
if (_int0 == BodyTag.EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED) {

This line of code is generated by the server in converting the source JSP into
a servlet. Also, the class file for interface 'BodyTag' is included in 'weblogic.jar'.

Since my other servlets/JSPs work (as well as the server itself!), I know weblogic.jar
is in the correct place in the classpath, so why can it not resolve EVAL_BODY_BUFFERED?

(BTW, the offending JSP worked in wls5.1)

TIA

Paul